Sign in to follow this  
Hapsap

Wacom Cintiq 21UX Graphics tablet

So I was wondering does any of you guys use the Wacom Cintiq 21UX? I am planning to buy it but I was wondering if it is worth it or do you have other suggestions for tablets?

Wacom is a solid company with quality products so i'm sure it works out pretty well.You can probably find useful reviews on various sites and stuff.Google would be your best friend for this one.

Basically if you deem that it meets your needs then its right for you.

If it's your first time using a tablet, I suggest going with something simpler, like a Bamboo Fun or Graphire. (Unless of course, you have the money to splurge, then by all means, go ahead.) If you're seriously considering a profession that requires a large, pressure/angle-sensitive touch screen, such as graphic design, illustration, animation, 3-D modeling, etc etc...then go ahead. You'll love it. If you plan on just using it for casual fun, or maybe you want to handwrite things or other tasks that don't require excessive pen motions, then you may want to consider the above options.

I've never heard of anybody using [or planning on using] a Cintiq with Paint.NET...

To be brutally honest, I don't think you have what it takes to capture the full abilities of a Cintiq ; those giant things cost $2000 at Amazon, while I bought my current computer for $200 [it's only worth about $100 nowadays]. The only guy I know with a Cintiq has it because he uses it well; before he started working at EA Games as a graphic artist, he made a living as an animator for Disney (he did Curious George and Tarzan) and a freelance artist doing book and video game covers.

I'd rather you go with a cheaper Wacom. I have a used Graphire2, and it works just as nice as some top-level tablets, just smaller. Having a screen is nice, but it's not $2000 nice, especially if you've never used a standard issue Wacom before. Looking at your monitor while you write is actually very easy to get used to; a 3 minute learning curve for me. As a matter of fact, I was playing Halo with my tablet on Friday; makes the shotgun a lot more fun :)

Please remember that Paint.NET v3.5 is removing tablet support. Your tablet will still work, it just won't have any pressure sensitivity realized in the program.