Heart plug-ins wanted please

lorri

Hello all!

I was wondering if anybody can give me some assistance and info about getting 3D hearts plug-ins please. I have search on google for this and had not been sucessful in the searching.

lorri

tiger2-1.jpg

You wish to create a heart shaped icon or similar with a 3d look? If you have BoltBaits Selection Tools installed ( viewtopic.php?p=205727#p205727) Try this:

Select Primary color of your choice

Select texttool :TextTool:

Select font = Webdings with a large font size

Click on the canvas where you want the icon

Hold the ALT key down & type 0089, release Alt key & up pops a heart.

Select the wand tool :MagicWandTool:

Click on the heart shape and then choose Effects >> Selection>> Bevel Selection

Color the highlights & lowlights to your choice

Additional "depth" might be added by adding a dropshadow or shadow.

Heart.gif

Is that the kind of thing you were looking for?

OO yes something like that thanks, I didn't know you can use the texttool for other stuff apart from adding text to your designs, thanks again :D

tiger2-1.jpg

I haven't got a heart icon thats listed on the fonts just a shape that looks like a shield plus I hold the ALT key and nothing comes up on the canvas :( Where am I going wrong :(

tiger2-1.jpg

Try a capital Y in Webdings. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I haven't got a heart icon thats listed on the fonts just a shape that looks like a shield plus I hold the ALT key and nothing comes up on the canvas :( Where am I going wrong :(

You need to select the font Webdings from the drop down list when the text tool is selected. Click on the canvas to select the location, then press (& hold down) the alt key while typing 0089 (two zeroes and an 8 and a 9, typed in sucession). Then release the Alt key.

If you still have trouble, download the WhichSymbol+ plugin (link in my signature). It makes viewing and inserting symbols and characters a little easier.

@ worldnewser : the link you supplied does not exist :?:

Ego I've tried many times and still nothing. I've just comr from and tried again and still nothing. I even tried holding the ALT key press the Y and again nothing.

Thanks Oma, Oma hasn't it dosen't exist just had a look.

Thanks for helping anyway.

tiger2-1.jpg

Can you type in text at all? If you can you're halfway there!

Are you able to change the font using the dropdown list of font names? If you can, check that the name "Webdings" appears in the list and select that.

Click on your canvas where you want the text to be placed.

If you can select Webdings, either SHIFT+y or ALT+0089 should generate the desired character.

The only other problems I can think of might be that you're typing onto a layer that is obscured by another (hiding the results) or that you're typing using a color that is the same as the background (similarly obsuring the results).

Yes I'm able to do those the things but I can't get the heart icon. It's because I don't have that pacific icon on that list.

I also downloaded a icon plug in from here, I done the necessaries but also no heart symbol.

tiger2-1.jpg

You're welcome!

Did you end up using the plugin or the text tool?

Capital Y would have been easier. :-P

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

@Madjik: That looks really neat!

@lorri: OR you can always draw half of a curve and "Mirror" the other half by using this plugin:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=27897

I know most people can't draw what's on the right so perfectly as what's on the left side. That's what I use for symmetrical shapes and it works wonders. :)

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I had a look on photoshop and it was shown with the lines how it's done. I will use both of them plus I can't download the mirror plug in I need a DLL repear on the PC which I haven't got.

Thanks for the info.

tiger2-1.jpg