Corrupted installation file.

When I unzip the install executable for paint.net I get an error stating the file is corrupted. Then, when I go to install, I'm told the file is not a valid win32 application. I've looked through the forums and found several other people have had similiar problems. I've gone through whats been suggested for them but haven't found a solution. Here's what I've tried so far...

1. Attempted using the microsoft clean up utility. It doesnt seem to function. After installing it I cant find any place to run it from. This may be due to me owning Office 2007, which MS suggested can conflict with the program.

2. Made sure Microsoft Moduler installer was set to manual. (I have also tried automatic)

3. Reset the PC.

4. Tried downloading from all the sites listed as download sites for Paint.net multiple times.

Edit:

6. Tried installing the C++ update from here. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Anything else I can try? I'm not having problems downloading anything else. I do not believe it has anything to do with my connection, currently running Vista.

When I unzip the install executable for paint.net I get an error stating the file is corrupted. Then, when I go to install, I'm told the file is not a valid win32 application. I've looked through the forums and found several other people have had similiar problems. I've gone through whats been suggested for them but haven't found a solution. Here's what I've tried so far...

1. Attempted using the microsoft clean up utility. It doesnt seem to function. After installing it I cant find any place to run it from. This may be due to me owning Office 2007, which MS suggested can conflict with the program.

2. Made sure Microsoft Moduler installer was set to manual. (I have also tried automatic)

3. Reset the PC.

4. Tried downloading from all the sites listed as download sites for Paint.net multiple times.

Edit:

6. Tried installing the C++ update from here. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Anything else I can try? I'm not having problems downloading anything else. I do not believe it has anything to do with my connection, currently running Vista.

Since my unzipping program, Alzip, has never had an issue before I thought it unlikely to be the problem. However, after using WinRaR things worked! Sometimes I guess ya need to be told the simple stuff. :roll:

Thanks for the help, maybe this will help others with the same issue. I see there is at least one problem with corrupted files on each page of the trouble shooting forums.

Since my unzipping program, Alzip, has never had an issue before I thought it unlikely to be the problem. However, after using WinRaR things worked! Sometimes I guess ya need to be told the simple stuff. :roll:

Thanks for the help, maybe this will help others with the same issue. I see there is at least one problem with corrupted files on each page of the trouble shooting forums.

• 2 weeks later...