Sign in to follow this  
Sharp

Sharp 7.25.11

Lovely starscape. I use Greg Martin`s method as well and you can get some very realistic outcomes from it. Nice variation between large/small stars. I`m looking forward to seeing what you add to this. :wink:

Thanks for all the comments guys :) And @ axle, yeah, it is, but I tweaked the BG a bit, and am planning to change the text.

Thanks :) I'd noticed a few places where it was choppy, but couldn't fix them for the life of me :?

Edit: Slightly smaller version uploaded.

Please make a tutorial for that :D

When they give awards, im going to be the one that asks for tuts most.

Tip: Gradients and alpha masks :lol: I use alpha masks constantly, no matter what I'm making. When I add a new shape(Or ring, in the orb piece), I hide all the other layers, add a new black layer underneath, Then use :BlackAndWhite: and :BrightnessContrast: to get the shape to white. I'm pretty sure I used 7 or 8 different masks in the orb pic. :D

I agree with Shocky, Spacescapes are becoming a bit repetitious on here.

However, I believe that when someone can bring something new to the genre, like Sozo and his Starfields, they are reborn.

Your piece is excellent - nice and crisp, the planet is placed well - the starfield is also good (though I would lighten up on the clouds)

I think you ought to bring something new to the piece. Make it your own. Anyone can create a planet and put it on a starfield. You've done it, and you've done it well, though bring something new - introduce a new aspect.

8) :P

Funny thing is, when I started the piece, I was getting bored of just starfield + planet, and was planning on trying something new. Then once I finished the starfield I totally forgot :lol::lol:

Looks like an ox to me :D

The sig is very cool, looks like it came out of Ash's mind (Where is he btw? Didn't see him posting for a long time) :P

One thing I miss a clear focal object, the sig is.. so full, I don't know ;)

Nice. I like the abstract. I think you should just reduce some of the black bits. And about you sig/avy combo, I thought it looked like Mickey Mouse. :shock: