Re: A few requests: Brush Width, Fill Modes, Snap + more

Ok, well i've got a few request, and i've searched, and checked the Popular Feature Requests, and i haven't found anything, so here goes:

Brush Width: The max brush width right now is 500px. I think a higher value such as 2000 or 2500 would be better, as when working at a high res, say 2500 x 4000 for example, to make a planet or something its harder to use the ellipse tool to make a large circle at an accurate size. It'll probably have other uses too, yet to be discovered.

Fill Modes: When setting a fill mode for a tool, for example the rectangle tool, the same fill mode is set for other tool where the fill mode is relevant, such as the line tool, fill tool and text tool. I find this quite annoying, as when filling the background with say, the trellis fill mode, and then inserting text, i have to set the fill mode to solid colour to write the text so it is clear. I know its only a few steps, but it would be much easier if the fill modes weren't set for every relevant tool.

Snap: It'd be cool if a snap feature was available, like in Photoshop, and MS office 07, it'd make aligning and selecting stuff much easier.

Select & Merge Multiple Layers: It'd be cool if you could select multiple layers and merge them together. Sort of like a Flatten Image, but only for the selected layers.

I don't know if any of these requests are code-able for PDN; i hope they are. Thanks. :P

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Ok, well i've got a few request, and i've searched, and checked the Popular Feature Requests, and i haven't found anything, so here goes:

Brush Width: The max brush width right now is 500px. I think a higher value such as 2000 or 2500 would be better, as when working at a high res, say 2500 x 4000 for example, to make a planet or something its harder to use the ellipse tool to make a large circle at an accurate size. It'll probably have other uses too, yet to be discovered.

Fill Modes: When setting a fill mode for a tool, for example the rectangle tool, the same fill mode is set for other tool where the fill mode is relevant, such as the line tool, fill tool and text tool. I find this quite annoying, as when filling the background with say, the trellis fill mode, and then inserting text, i have to set the fill mode to solid colour to write the text so it is clear. I know its only a few steps, but it would be much easier if the fill modes weren't set for every relevant tool.

Snap: It'd be cool if a snap feature was available, like in Photoshop, and MS office 07, it'd make aligning and selecting stuff much easier.

Select & Merge Multiple Layers: It'd be cool if you could select multiple layers and merge them together. Sort of like a Flatten Image, but only for the selected layers.

I don't know if any of these requests are code-able for PDN; i hope they are. Thanks. :P

Merry Christmas

Use the Ellipse Select tool while holding Shift, then hit backspace. Even easier than lagging your machine with a gigantic brush. :-)
It'd be nice, but only if it were completely, totally, 100% optional. Snap has annoyed me many, many more times than it's helped me.
Agreed. Photoshop has a function called "Stamp Visible" (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E) that copies every visible layer into a single flattened layer. I use it a lot, and I love it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Use the Ellipse Select tool while holding Shift, then hit backspace. Even easier than lagging your machine with a gigantic brush. :-)
It'd be nice, but only if it were completely, totally, 100% optional. Snap has annoyed me many, many more times than it's helped me.
Agreed. Photoshop has a function called "Stamp Visible" (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E) that copies every visible layer into a single flattened layer. I use it a lot, and I love it.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Yeah, i suppose i could do that, i'm resizing down anyway. Thanks. :)

I guess you're right about the optional part, i do sometimes get annoyed with the Snap feature in Free Transform.. Good for aligning stuff when making webpage designs and other stuff though. :P

Yay! :D This feature would be awesome. Gimp doesn't even have this feature.. :D

Merry Christmas

Yeah, i suppose i could do that, i'm resizing down anyway. Thanks. :)

I guess you're right about the optional part, i do sometimes get annoyed with the Snap feature in Free Transform.. Good for aligning stuff when making webpage designs and other stuff though. :P

Yay! :D This feature would be awesome. Gimp doesn't even have this feature.. :D

Merry Christmas