using a background image as a frame

I'm very new to paint.net. Usually I can figure out how to get the effect I want, but this problem has me stumped. I want to use a recycle symbol as a frame ONLY. I don't want the actual recycle symbol in the finished image. I want to replace the symbol with a lot of text. In other words, from far away the finished image will look like a recycle symbol, but up close all that is there is text. I don't know how else to explain it. I hope this makes sense. Thanks!

I'm very new to paint.net. Usually I can figure out how to get the effect I want, but this problem has me stumped. I want to use a recycle symbol as a frame ONLY. I don't want the actual recycle symbol in the finished image. I want to replace the symbol with a lot of text. In other words, from far away the finished image will look like a recycle symbol, but up close all that is there is text. I don't know how else to explain it. I hope this makes sense. Thanks!

well, what id do is have your symbol, make a new layer, select the outside of your logo (everything BUT the logo) then control+i to invert the selection, make a new layer then write your text, it will not go out of the selection if you have the selection still active. hope i understood what you meant.

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

well, what id do is have your symbol, make a new layer, select the outside of your logo (everything BUT the logo) then control+i to invert the selection, make a new layer then write your text, it will not go out of the selection if you have the selection still active. hope i understood what you meant.

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell