Trouble with softening edges..

StarryKat

Administrators (Owners) Has a red text and simple users are blue

Perfect StarryKat :D You did it, and say thankyou for a nice friendly forum ;)

Whew Hon, I was beginning to really feel like I had committed a criminal offense.. Thanks for

making me feel somewhat, er, safer.. :lol:

I'm still hoping someone will be able to help me figure out my problem with the files evidently not being in the correct folders, I'd still like to be able to create softer edges on my photos in an easier way then doing one edge at a time with the gradient tool.. It's very confusing.. :?

Administrators (Owners) Has a red text and simple users are blue

Perfect StarryKat :D You did it, and say thankyou for a nice friendly forum ;)

Whew Hon, I was beginning to really feel like I had committed a criminal offense.. Thanks for

making me feel somewhat, er, safer.. :lol:

I'm still hoping someone will be able to help me figure out my problem with the files evidently not being in the correct folders, I'd still like to be able to create softer edges on my photos in an easier way then doing one edge at a time with the gradient tool.. It's very confusing.. :?

Ahem, I told you I was pretty darn new at this stuff, uh, how do I download a picture onto here from my computer? God, I feel like such a dunce! :oops:

Ahem, I told you I was pretty darn new at this stuff, uh, how do I download a picture onto here from my computer? God, I feel like such a dunce! :oops:

They should be placed into a folder called Effects (right next to where you see "FileTypes"). You don't have one for some reasons, so just create it.

It's working fine now.. I moved just the new files into the effects folder and left the others alone.. Thanks so much for your help on this.. I really appreciate it and I'm sorry to have put everyone into such an uproar about the wrong title for my thread and putting it in the wrong place.. :oops:

They should be placed into a folder called Effects (right next to where you see "FileTypes"). You don't have one for some reasons, so just create it.

It's working fine now.. I moved just the new files into the effects folder and left the others alone.. Thanks so much for your help on this.. I really appreciate it and I'm sorry to have put everyone into such an uproar about the wrong title for my thread and putting it in the wrong place.. :oops:

That's not a problem, all the others here wants it cleaned, and when you then search on this forum for this help, then you find it much easier!

Have a nice day: // AmadeusX d[^_-]b

U2l6xrt.png

That's not a problem, all the others here wants it cleaned, and when you then search on this forum for this help, then you find it much easier!

U2l6xrt.png

You were the only one that seemed to recognize that I didn't know what I was doing and I really appreciate your friendliness, Amadeus.. I think that maybe people tend to forget, that even in this day and age of high tech not everyone is computer literate.. I'm basically really just learning everything and I'm having to teach myself.. So, perhaps next time, Rick and those OMA people (who should know better then to treat people like bloody potato just because they don't know what they are doing) will have a little more sympathy for people like me.. Ignorance may not be an excuse for breaking a law, but one has to know there IS a law in order to break it.. Again, thank you and the others that went out of their way to help.. I'm going to try and find someone else to get answers for me in here if I need help again.. I sure don't want to make another mistake, this one was painful enough.. Take care.. :)

You were the only one that seemed to recognize that I didn't know what I was doing and I really appreciate your friendliness, Amadeus.. I think that maybe people tend to forget, that even in this day and age of high tech not everyone is computer literate.. I'm basically really just learning everything and I'm having to teach myself.. So, perhaps next time, Rick and those OMA people (who should know better then to treat people like bloody potato just because they don't know what they are doing) will have a little more sympathy for people like me.. Ignorance may not be an excuse for breaking a law, but one has to know there IS a law in order to break it.. Again, thank you and the others that went out of their way to help.. I'm going to try and find someone else to get answers for me in here if I need help again.. I sure don't want to make another mistake, this one was painful enough.. Take care.. :)

Usual I know how it's to be like you, becuase, allmost every friends and relatives i have does have the same situation like you. But i'm allways changing the words to the right ones so they understand me ( or i hope so :D ) Am specialized on fixing computers (Formatting the computers, Re-Install them, and eaven change them to "Linux", And i do love Linux ;) )

But what i have get rid of that i'm happy about is the programming, well there would be much i could do in programming, but am not interested anymore(only if i would work for money :) )

Have a nice day(Again): //AmadeusX d[^_-]b

U2l6xrt.png

Usual I know how it's to be like you, becuase, allmost every friends and relatives i have does have the same situation like you. But i'm allways changing the words to the right ones so they understand me ( or i hope so :D ) Am specialized on fixing computers (Formatting the computers, Re-Install them, and eaven change them to "Linux", And i do love Linux ;) )

But what i have get rid of that i'm happy about is the programming, well there would be much i could do in programming, but am not interested anymore(only if i would work for money :) )

Have a nice day(Again): //AmadeusX d[^_-]b

U2l6xrt.png

Perhaps if you'd be more open to listening to us, explaining the entire problem, rather than complaining about how mean we were being, we'd understand more quickly how to help you.

Locked for your belligerence. Want us to be nice next time? Be nice yourself. Heed OMA's advice; older people are NOT above the rules, especially rules of civility.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Perhaps if you'd be more open to listening to us, explaining the entire problem, rather than complaining about how mean we were being, we'd understand more quickly how to help you.

Locked for your belligerence. Want us to be nice next time? Be nice yourself. Heed OMA's advice; older people are NOT above the rules, especially rules of civility.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

So, perhaps next time, Rick and those OMA people (who should know better then to treat people like bloody potato just because they don't know what they are doing) will have a little more sympathy for people like me..

We've done nothing but try to help you, and now you're just being combative and rude. At this point, you should stop being so helpless and take responsibility for your own intelligence.

Goodbye.

Thread Closed

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg