Trouble with softening edges..

StarryKat

Vista.jpg

I hope this picture will explain a little

Gosh Hon, the files are there, I can see them, it's just that when I pull up PN to use them, the applications are not showing up.. But the actual files I downloaded and extracted to PN are in the folder.. :?

If the files are in different folders it wont work.

all the plugins file name are: .dll files and should be just in the folder: Effects

that means, you will have to extract only the dll files to: C:\program files\paintdotnet

Or wherever your Paint.Net folder is located.

I Hope this works fine for you now.

EDIT: Here is how it looks like in my computer: http://r6.se/temp/MyLocatedArea.jpg

But am using Swedish version of Windows XP

U2l6xrt.png

Moved to Troubleshooting

And StarryKat, please make sure to read and abide by the rules. They're for everyone, including Grandmas. "A Simple Request" is not a very good thread title (it's disallowed in fact), because it greatly hinders the organization of the forum.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Moved to Troubleshooting

And StarryKat, please make sure to read and abide by the rules. They're for everyone, including Grandmas. "A Simple Request" is not a very good thread title (it's disallowed in fact), because it greatly hinders the organization of the forum.

Ooooh, Ricky, I'm going to tell your Grandmother on you and your going to be in such trouble!!

:lol: Actually, very sorry about that.. :oops: I really did think it was going to be a simple request for help, didn't know it was going to turn into a troubleshooting situation.. :cry:

Well, seriously, I'm at a loss as to why I'm having so much trouble with these files that I downloaded showing up in PN, so, my question now is, should I just delete PN entirely and re download it and the new effects files or should I create a folder called 'effects' and then

drag and drop all the .dll files into it?

I really do appreciate all the help everyone is giving me and I'm using PN much more, but I'm not a graphics designer so every bit of help is great.. Thanks.. :)

Moved to Troubleshooting

Ooooh, Ricky, I'm going to tell your Grandmother on you and your going to be in such trouble!!

:lol: Actually, very sorry about that.. :oops: I really did think it was going to be a simple request for help, didn't know it was going to turn into a troubleshooting situation.. :cry:

Well, seriously, I'm at a loss as to why I'm having so much trouble with these files that I downloaded showing up in PN, so, my question now is, should I just delete PN entirely and re download it and the new effects files or should I create a folder called 'effects' and then

drag and drop all the .dll files into it?

I really do appreciate all the help everyone is giving me and I'm using PN much more, but I'm not a graphics designer so every bit of help is great.. Thanks.. :)

(psst...the rule he was talking about was #6... :-))

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

(psst...the rule he was talking about was #6... :-))

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

(Pulling her trench coat collar up closer and leaning over she says.. *And where exactly are all these rules located in and among the myriad other posts for FAQ, help and discussions*?) :oops:

(Pulling her trench coat collar up closer and leaning over she says.. *And where exactly are all these rules located in and among the myriad other posts for FAQ, help and discussions*?) :oops:

rules: viewforum.php?f=20

From one grandmother to another age is not an excuse. You have been asked politely to change your title for ease of all others using the search function within this program. If you are unsure how to do so here is how.

1) go to your very first post in this thread.

2) the little x on the right hand side down near the bottom of your first post.

3) change the title. "A simple Request" is not an allowed title. change it. suggest: "Request for assistance adding dll's"

OMA (german for grandmother)

rules: viewforum.php?f=20

From one grandmother to another age is not an excuse. You have been asked politely to change your title for ease of all others using the search function within this program. If you are unsure how to do so here is how.

1) go to your very first post in this thread.

2) the little x on the right hand side down near the bottom of your first post.

3) change the title. "A simple Request" is not an allowed title. change it. suggest: "Request for assistance adding dll's"

OMA (german for grandmother)

Oma, I was hoping you'd drop in. :-)

Oma, I was hoping you'd drop in. :-)

Oh, I agree, if someone would have told me right at the start to go and change the title I would have done so IMMEDIATELY! I just now learned where the rules were posted, thank you for sending me the link..

Oh, I agree, if someone would have told me right at the start to go and change the title I would have done so IMMEDIATELY! I just now learned where the rules were posted, thank you for sending me the link..

Administrators (Owners) Has a red text and simple users are blue

Perfect StarryKat :D You did it, and say thankyou for a nice friendly forum ;)

U2l6xrt.png

Administrators (Owners) Has a red text and simple users are blue

Perfect StarryKat :D You did it, and say thankyou for a nice friendly forum ;)

U2l6xrt.png