Crazy Energy Sphere[Full of pics]

Rawkgodpegasus

Hello, This is my first tut so I hope it goes well.

I have searched this a little bit and saw that many lazer beam, or ray tutorial. Here I am going to show you how to crate a power orb.

First of all I would like to say I am going to be using some content from viewtopic.php?f=31&t=27001

What you will be needing:

Shape3D

Dents

(In this case you might want to install the whole pack)

and If you don't know how to install plugins check out This thread on how to install plugins

Well here we go.

Step One:

Open up a new file :FileNew: . The standard 800x600 will do. Now take the paint bucket :PaintBucketTool: and paint it black. Its so you can see the orb later.

REMEMBER !!: always keep the Black Background separate or there WILL be dire consequences!

tutpic1yd4.th.jpg

Step Two:

Make a new layer :AddNewLayer: and pick a color for you power orb. (I HIGHLY recommend that you DON'T use white. It doesn't make it as fun.) Now take the line tool :LineCurveTool: size 16, and make lines. tutpic2p1dh0.th.jpgMake them Curvy

tutpic2p2md0.th.jpg

Step Three:

Copy the Layer with the lines. :DuplicateLayer:. Now use Adjustments> Black and White :BlackAndWhite: on the new layer. Awesome. Now go to Adjustments> Brightness/Contrast :BrightnessContrast: now set it to 100, 100. Lookin Good.

tutpic3wv3.th.jpg

Step Four:

On the white lines Go to Effects>Blurs>Gaussian Blur :GaussianBlur: set it too, lets say 8.TutPic4p1.jpg

Now go to the underlying colored lines and set the Gaussian Blur :GaussianBlur: to 18. Sweet.Tutpic4p2.jpg

Now goto Effects>Photo>Glow :Glow: set that to 6,6,10.Tutpic4p3.jpg

Now Crash(Merge) :MergeDown: the two line layers together.

REMEMBER !!: always keep the Black Background separate or there WILL be dire consequences!

You should have something like this so far

tutpic4p4do6.th.jpg

Step Five:

Use the Dents plugin on the combined line layer. Goto Effects>Distort>Dents.

For the General : 36, 63, 2tutPic5p1.jpg

Detail: 31, 34, 13tutpic5p2.jpg

Stretch: 28, 0Tutpic5p3.jpg

and Edge Behavior: Original.

Tutpic5p4.jpg

Now you should have some crazy thing like this

tutpic5p5dc5.th.jpg

Step Six: Now we make it an orb goto Effects>Render>Shape3D Use the Full Sphere Function.

You can change it to any way you want to see the energy lines.

tutpic6ha8.th.png

[EDIT]: Sorry Almost Forgot When Making The sphere. Turn of the both lights

tutpic6p1ws1.th.jpg

Step Seven: Bask in you Awesome Glory, Be warned this great power comes with great responsibility.

energyspherecompleteyz9.th.jpg

energyspherecomplete1ir7.th.jpg

I would like to see your results 8)

Soon in the Future I will post on making the Orb with a glowing centre inside of the orb.

Enjoy, God Bless Bloc Party

Sig-1.png

ATTENTION!! I AM SORRY FOR DELETING YOUR POLL!

Oh, wait, no I'm not. :-) Keep a closer eye on the rules.

1. Please read the rules about SHOUTING, and polls.

2. Please shrink your images. 800 pixels at its LARGEST dimension. Knowing the rules does not exempt you from them.

You have until after the next time you log in, or this tutorial will have to be locked. Thanks!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

David, Can't you modifie it if he can't do it him self? I do mean the pictures...
David doesn't need to do anything, as Photobucket, the host Rawkgodpegasus is using, gives the option for clickable thumbnails, therefore removing the need to manually resize either at Rawkgodpegasus' end or at ours/David's.

That was a hint for your next visit, Rawkgodpegasus, by the way ;)

As I said above, knowing the rules does not exempt you from them. :-) But you've fixed it in short order, and for that I thank you. Your tutorial is quite nice.

A thought; what if you selected the Full Sphere with Transparency option on the Shape3D interface? It would make your energy ball look a lot more powerful, if both sides were shown.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...