How do you make a photo look cutout

I am doin a big art project for my school about the plane crash in the Hudson I want to take the action photo shots and use them in this poster but I want to make them look cut out type I dont want to just copy and paste them. Anyone have any good ideas and if you do is there a tutorial for this. It will be presented to the NYC Waterways who were first on scene and saved 55 people that day so it needs to be touching to them. It will be on display in the NYC waterway building for everyone to see as well. Any help with this is greatly appreciated..

I'm not really sure what you're asking for here. Perhaps, you would get more responses if you posted a link to an image who's style you want to copy.

Or, you could try this tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27096

Sorry it is hard for me to say what i m trying to do. I guess you can kinda say I want to take the image but do a border around it to make it look as if it were cut out of a newspaper or something. I would like to do photos around the sides being its going on a 27x30 poster. In the middle i m doing a write up of Heroism with the american flag behind is kinda like watermarked then the water underneath it where the plane went down at. I hope that will kinda give you a picture in your head of the way this will look if its done right.