Boltbait pak

I have a problem again sorry.

I wanted the boltbait pak so I deided to download it but your needed a Code number for installing it so I did that and now I can't find it anywhere on my pc. I had a look on the install programmes and it's not there. I had bought it which I send SMS from my mobile which gave me the code number in reply.

I had notice on my other thread that Boltbait had metioned you can get plug-ins by going to effects menu and look for sparse what is that I haven't got that at all Just a list of different effects you can use.

Please help as I like to sort this pak out thanks Lorri.

tiger2-1.jpg

Ninoeman I had found this on here http://www.boltbait.com/pdn/codelab/

Just click on to it and see what you think.

Bob I had tried the troubleshooter and the effects file saying empty and I still can't unzip the feather plug-in which I had downloaded.

I think I'll give it up as a bad job thanks anyway :(

I smiled when I read this because you reminded me of myself when I started. I am with Ash, Don't Give Up. You can do it. I know it can seem difficult when you feel like you don't even know what question to ask.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

To unzip, you can try Winzip or Winrar, Free one try 7zip.

Don't give up, good luck.

Bob please explain this how, where to get this info and I it feels like I'm not getting anywhere this that's I feel as if I want to stop sorting it out. :(

You all been a great help to me and I do appreciate this truly I do :)

tiger2-1.jpg

Hey lorri, I noticed that you have vista, this should already include a way to unzip folders. I will try to give you a step by step of how I download and install plugins. I know that you have already downloaded the zip file, but lets start from the beginning and see if we can get you up and going.

Before you begin make sure you have paint.net closed.

1. click on the download link

2. when it says open or save, click open

3. this should bring up a window with the downloaded files already unzipped.

4. to the left of the window will be folders that are on your computer. scroll down until you see computer. click the arrow (not the file name if you do just click the back button at the top of the window). this will bring up more options.

5. look for OS click arrow

6. program files folder click arrow

7. paint.net folder click arrow

8. once you have clicked the arrow for paint.net you should see a folder for effects. Now go to the right side of the window and select the effects (if there is more than one you can click on the organise button and click select all), drag them over to the effects folder.

Hopefully this will help you!!

background3sigxz1.png

Ninoeman I had found this on here http://www.boltbait.com/pdn/codelab/

Just click on to it and see what you think.

The section for money is a monetary donation towards the upkeep of CodeLab. BoltBait has to consider expenses when he develops it, however what those expenses are, are at the discretion of BoltBait.

You do not need to pay for it, only if you want to.

I am not sure about the code number you speak of, though. It could be part of the process of donation.

KJ do you mean the arrows at the top of the screen if so I did clicked on there and no other files were there. I don't know where I could find the OS file on the pc. The only file I could see was NOS and IOS.

I don't want to give this up using paint.NET is easy to follow plus there's loads of info how to do the art work.

tiger2-1.jpg

So happy to hear you have unzipped the file! Just so you know; computers I guess are setup different. I click on START then on computer then on my c drive then I find and click on my program files and in there find Paint.net and in there find my effects folder and that is where you want to put the unzipped file.

Start

computer

c drive

program files

paint.net

effects folder

I am assuming that OS must stand for operating systems which would be on the C drive. KJslove1994 has it all right but I guess if you are new to this and you don't see OS it could confuse you. When I went from useing XP to Vista everything looked different and I hate change.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Lorri, I'm so happy you were able to figure out how to unzip the files. Have you been able to start playing with the plugins yet?

Janettsue,

I completely understand about change with computers. It took me a bit to get used to vista. I like to open the zip file right away instead of saving it that way I don't have to go back and delete a bunch of unused files. It opens to a temporary internet file which I assume is deleted after I close out.

background3sigxz1.png