Bloody Text

evank3

NOTE: This effect will come out different each time. Sometimes it will look great sometimes it will not look so great.

This is a sample output:

blood3xl3.jpg

Step 1: Start with a blank document. I used 300x300

step1qf0.jpg

Step 2: Write the text wished to be written in blood.

step2bx3.jpg

Step 3: Duplicate the layer.

step3st1.jpg

Step 4: Select the bottom layer and add a jitter to it.

step4boxod5.jpg

step4sc7.jpg

Step 5: Get rid of the jitter above the letters.

step5iy3.jpg

step6rd9.jpg

Step 6: Add a motion blur to the jitter layer.

step7boxbe2.jpg

step7ji3.jpg

Step 7: Add a motion blur to the text layer with less blur this time. I used 11 for distance.

step8gi6.jpg

Step 8: Merge the layers together and add a gausian blur.

step9boxvk6.jpg

step9sb8.jpg

And as always, here's a cool effect you can add on.

blood2qy4.jpg

In steps 6 and 7, instead of using motion blur, I would recommend flattening the image, use the magic want to shift click a red area, then using Selection > Bevel which can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26238

Using a lighter shade of red for the highlight color and a darker shade for the shadow color, you can really add some depth to the lettering.

Like BoltBait said, I used the Bevel Selection plugin to add depth to the blood drops, after using Jitter and Median

And I intended mine to look like the text was in front, by using Bevel selection on the text layer as well. I didn't care for the way it looked with the blood coming right off the letters the first time.

• 2 months later...

:? ummm... i dont have the jitter effect?is this an issue with the version? or is it a plugin? oh well still a very good tut good job

• 5 weeks later...
:? ummm... i dont have the jitter effect?is this an issue with the version? or is it a plugin? oh well still a very good tut good job

It's a plugin.

phyxiussignature2.png

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on." - Robert Bloch

My Gallery