Can't use the effects plugins from this site :-(

Thanks Illnab 1024 to try to speak French as i try to speak English ! This is " Où as tu telechargé paint .net et Net.framework ?

So , i got Paint .net from its website and Framework from Windows update . And my XP home edition is recognized by Microsoft , this is not a hacker software , if you see what i mean

Thanks to you too Bob but this is from this website that i got Paint.net . But when i start the "install" , it's stopped and it cannot finish the " install" and suddenly my pc slows down as if it searchs to do something or to connect to a website . Because when i want to close or restart windows i have a message that says : Net.broadcast event ... And i must to " click" : " to close now " And when my pc restart he works fine again

I think that i must have a problem with Windows installer too and now i can't install Framework updates from Windows update I think that some folders must be " corrupted " . So the best solution is to install a new clean Framework ... :oops: I think i use too much Easy cleaner and Regseeker and i must going to do something into my " registry " :oops:

To be free To be wild

And to be Just like a child

Mike Oldfield

http://www.myspace.com/tubulartos

Yes. It sounds to me like parts of your .NET framework is bad. It was likely a bad installer that you downloaded.

Firstly, uninstall .NET framework 2.0 and 1.1 through Add and Remove Programs. Then download Paint.NET with the .NET Framework here: http://fileforum.betanews.com/download/PaintNET_with_NET_Framework_20/1096481993/2

~~

:wink: Ok Illnab 1024 thanks i'm going to do this but when i uninstall Net framework through add/remove programs ... this is not really uninstall you know , the " Framework registry entries " stay ... Must i clean the registry with Regedit to remove all the framework registry entries ? I don't have framework 1.1 just framework 2 . Is this a reason of my problem ?

To be free To be wild

Mike Oldfield

:roll::roll: :x Thanks illnab 1024 .

I have cleaned all the "registry" with regedit and used the link that you have given me .

The install has started correctly for Framework but the same thing again for Paint.net : no install and Pc slow down .

This has begun to irritate me seriously when i have thought about something : ... i have removed , just for the install , my " antivirus " and so the firewall included . And " Miracle " : the Paint.net installation has begun and has finished correctly ; this is what i think but now i must await to see if Paint.net can check for next updates ; i hope that Paint.net will check these next updates with success and that it will succeed to install them

I also hope that i'm not going to have bugs now ! So ! Wait and see !

In any case , i want to thank all of the guys who have helped me !

Thanks a lot ! :wink:

To be free To be wild

Mike Oldfield

:x :x :cry: Paint.net seems to work correctly but my first problem is still there : i can't use the effect plugins from the forum and now this is all the plugins .

There's just one plugin who works ; this is the Photoshop file plugin .

Glow , gradient , distortion , photoflood and Vandermotten don't work and they freeze Paint.net and then it crashes .

Blurs doesn't appear into the effects menu

I'm very sad that i can't use Paint.net completely ! What's the problem ! :x :x

:wink: Yes ! Illnab 1024 , i think the problem comes from the "pdnsetup" into c:/.../ local settings / temp

Bob ? this is Panda titanium 2006

To be free To be wild

Mike Oldfield

:wink:

Système d'exploitation Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Service Pack du système Service Pack 2

I

Nom d'utilisateur Philippe

Carte mère:

Type de processeur AMD Athlon XP, 2000 MHz (7.5 x 267) 2400+

Nom de la carte mère Asus A7V8X (6 PCI, 1 AGP, 3 DIMM)

Chipset de la carte mère VIA VT8377 Apollo KT400

Mémoire système 1024 Mo (DDR SDRAM)

Type de BIOS Award Modular (09/02/04)

Moniteur:

Carte vidéo Gigabyte RADEON 9200SE SERIES (128 Mo)

Carte vidéo RADEON 9200 SERIES - Secondary (128 Mo)

Accélérateur 3D ATI Radeon 9200 SE

Moniteur LG F700B

I want to tell that my Xp home edition is not a pirated version so i don't understand this problem . Must i uninstall again Net .Framework to réinstall it properly ? Thanks to you

To be free To be wild

Mike Oldfield

In English:

Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Processor: 2GHz AMD Athlon XP 2400+

MoBo: Asus A7V8X

1024 MB DDR (SDRAM)

BIOS: "Award Modular"

Video: Gigabyte RADEON 9200SE/128MB

Gigabyte RADEON 9200/128MB

3D Accelerator - ATI Radeon 9200 SE

To Paint.NET: A great system.

To what directory did you install Paint.NET? (It makes no difference to the program, I need to know to do something else)

~~

Well.... I'm just going to clean one more time my pc with regedit with Jv 16 power tools and manually removing the Paint.net folder into c:/ program files

no entries into add/remove..etc.. I have used one more time the full install so Framework 2 is installed but at the end the Paint net install doesn't finish Always error 1603 ...can't remove the older version..ec.. But i have no older version installed on my pc :shock: :shock: And windows install clean up doesn't help me :shock: :shock:

Illnab 1024 , the first time Paint.net worked fine , it was installed into c:/ Program files but now there's no folder there because i deleted it manually . Is this the error i made ? When Paint net began its install , i let it to choose its proper directory...

To be free To be wild

Mike Oldfield

Okay. Can you do this for me?

Click on Start -> Run... (Or it's French equivalent)

Then type this:

cmd /k dir "C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\" /s > C:\pdndir.txt

Then open C:\pdndir.txt and put everything in that file in a new post.

Also, when I reply that I have read the post, you or Rick can edit all of the stuff out for size.

~~

Le volume dans le lecteur C n'a pas de nom.

Le num‚ro de s‚rie du volume est 5009-CC14

R‚pertoire de C:\Program Files\Paint.NET

16/07/2006 23:28 .

16/07/2006 23:28 ..

16/07/2006 23:28 Staging

0 fichier(s) 0 octets

R‚pertoire de C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Staging

16/07/2006 23:28 .

16/07/2006 23:28 ..

16/07/2006 23:28 6ÿ297ÿ088 PaintDotNet_939505196.msi

1 fichier(s) 6ÿ297ÿ088 octets

Total des fichiers list‚sÿ:

1 fichier(s) 6ÿ297ÿ088 octets

5 R‚p(s) 54ÿ699ÿ937ÿ792 octets libres

Is this what you need ?

One thing !!! I have the Framework 2 (x86) . Is this the version i need ?

To be free To be wild

Mike Oldfield

Wow, thats nothing. Go ahead and delete the folder, and clean the registry of all instances of "Paint.NET". Try to reinstall, and see how it goes.

Let me explain this real quick: the installer saw the folder "Paint.NET" in Program Files and the registry with Paint.NET entries in it and thought it was installed. When trying to remove the last version, it could not find the stuff, and then returned that error.

The effects thing... I have no idea yet.

And to answer your question, yes. You have x86 windows, you need x86 .NET

~~