*Removed* ImageUploader - upload to imagehosters...

frozenice

Edit by Rick: NO.

first: this one uses System.Reflection to make some things possible, yeah, I know.. because of this I don't include a direct download link here; it's posted mainly for educational purposes atm. maybe some dev finds some code bits interesting :)

This plugin let's you upload your current image to a imagehoster, without saving it first.

Here's a quick feature overview:

• [*:ijkes3lf]you can choose the filetype, this includes FileType plugins and settings for the selected filetype
    [*:ijkes3lf]select from a bunch of hoster (among others: imageshack, [beta] deviantart, [beta] photobucket)
    [*:ijkes3lf]set hoster specific settings (like remove the bar on thumbnails)
    [*:ijkes3lf]displays all links and codes you get from the hoster for your image

Check this blog entry for more details, source code and screenshots!

again: It's not intended for use in productional environments, it's beta, use at your own risk. Hopefully there will be some constructive replies.

As "this is a forum for discussion about plugin development" maybe someone knows, how to avoid the reflective stuff. If you do, tell me. :) (So one day this plugin could comply with "the rules" *dream*)

Some updates to the Paint.NET (plugin) API would be nice, too ;) (get current document(s), filetypes etc)

hf

Are you just reflecting the plugins or PDN itself? Also, i'm not sure what the point is of supporting all FileType plugins for image hosts, as from my experience most only support a few known ones.

KaHuc.png

yeah I know the rules, that's why I put the text in the first line there, for example.

The upload is using normal HTTP POST, the only API (of the current implemented hosters) I found was the PhotoBucket one, and it rather sucked (API key etc)

One way not to have to break the rules would be to have the plugin simply use the current layer and ask the user to flatten before running it.

Also, there is an ImageShack API.

KaHuc.png

yeah I could change that possibly, but I wanted to have the auto-flatten thing as a feature, you know

the other reflection thing could be resolved with manually inspecting the FileType plugins folder, I think

to ImageShack: I must admit that I didn't search for an API there, it was rather easy to implement using POST ^^

to ImageShack: I must admit that I didn't search for an API there, it was rather easy to implement using POST ^^

I'm just worried that many sites might not like plugins accessing their site without using an API, as well as the potential for a change in the site's layout to break your plugin.

KaHuc.png

thus the red text, before you upload (By pressing Go! you agree to the selected hoster's AGB/TOS!)

and yeah, breaking changes are always a risk

I know what you mean, but why don't use a tool when it is not forbidden via AGB/TOS?

at last it's the user, who is responsible for complying with the AGB/TOS