How to Install Plugins ×

Animated Image 2.4 - AGIF & APNG

Simon Brown

Here are my tries at an agif

Lani1.agifLani1b.agif Tries 1 and 2: Trying to figure out what delay does. Looking back I can't believe I didn't know.

Lani1c.agif Try 3: Perfect. I stopped the delay in #1

================================

I am having some trouble with the apng.

This is what I am doing:

• [*:2tuix5e1]I go to
http://www.reto-hoehener.ch/japng/.
[*:2tuix5e1]I downloaded japng_r146_2009-01-31.zip to my desktop.
[*:2tuix5e1]I unzipped it to my desktop.
[*:2tuix5e1]When I went to my desktop I only saw a japng instead of apng so I opened that.
[*:2tuix5e1]Then I noticed the japng.jar instead of the apng like you said.
[*:2tuix5e1]I copied and pasted it into C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Paint.NET User Files
[*:2tuix5e1]I opened Paint.net and maid my picture inserting one frame into each layer.
[*:2tuix5e1]Click SAVE AS
[*:2tuix5e1]Save it as WillThisWork and click on Animated PNG (*.apng)
[*:2tuix5e1]Then the screen that I attached (NoItDidnt) came up.
[*:2tuix5e1]I decided to just try it and press OK.
[*:2tuix5e1]Then the attachment NoItDidnt2 came up.

Can someone please help me. I really want to make apng because I hear the quality is much better.

If it helps:

Operating System: Windows Vista

Browser: Google Chrome v2.0.172.31

Java (according to Java.com): Java 6 update 14.

29415_cf72cb354fbf764e874590fd94148066

29415_86dae5230850153576d943ded11402fb

Here are my tries at an agif

Lani1.agifLani1b.agif Tries 1 and 2: Trying to figure out what delay does. Looking back I can't believe I didn't know.

Lani1c.agif Try 3: Perfect. I stopped the delay in #1

================================

I am having some trouble with the apng.

This is what I am doing:

• [*:2tuix5e1]I go to
http://www.reto-hoehener.ch/japng/.
[*:2tuix5e1]I downloaded japng_r146_2009-01-31.zip to my desktop.
[*:2tuix5e1]I unzipped it to my desktop.
[*:2tuix5e1]When I went to my desktop I only saw a japng instead of apng so I opened that.
[*:2tuix5e1]Then I noticed the japng.jar instead of the apng like you said.
[*:2tuix5e1]I copied and pasted it into C:\Users\NAME\Documents\Paint.NET User Files
[*:2tuix5e1]I opened Paint.net and maid my picture inserting one frame into each layer.
[*:2tuix5e1]Click SAVE AS
[*:2tuix5e1]Save it as WillThisWork and click on Animated PNG (*.apng)
[*:2tuix5e1]Then the screen that I attached (NoItDidnt) came up.
[*:2tuix5e1]I decided to just try it and press OK.
[*:2tuix5e1]Then the attachment NoItDidnt2 came up.

Can someone please help me. I really want to make apng because I hear the quality is much better.

If it helps:

Operating System: Windows Vista

Browser: Google Chrome v2.0.172.31

Java (according to Java.com): Java 6 update 14.

You should try again. I get that sometimes and I just save again and it usually works. :?

:mrgreen: Thank You :mrgreen: . And another problem I found after I got it to work is Chrome doesn't support apng if that helps anybody in the future.

logotest2.png

V 1.1: Fixed Broken Image

You should try again. I get that sometimes and I just save again and it usually works. :?

:mrgreen: Thank You :mrgreen: . And another problem I found after I got it to work is Chrome doesn't support apng if that helps anybody in the future.

logotest2.png

V 1.1: Fixed Broken Image

@superkingt...I will assume that you've used the Rotate/Zoom effect to create the frames, and used 5 degrees increment for each frame for Twist Radius option, therefor you got 37 frames.

I have same problem when try to save the animation -when my file has 21 Layers( frames) or more-in apng type, so try to make the layers 21 or less, simply by just making the increment 10 degrees instead of 5 for the Twist Radius for each frame when apply the Rotate/Zoom.

But with agif type everything is fine.

@superkingt...I will assume that you've used the Rotate/Zoom effect to create the frames, and used 5 degrees increment for each frame for Twist Radius option, therefor you got 37 frames.

I have same problem when try to save the animation -when my file has 21 Layers( frames) or more-in apng type, so try to make the layers 21 or less, simply by just making the increment 10 degrees instead of 5 for the Twist Radius for each frame when apply the Rotate/Zoom.

But with agif type everything is fine.

^your picture does not work

Sorry about the recent broken Images. I was playing around with the file names on my website and forgot to change them back.

@superkingt...I will assume that you've used the Rotate/Zoom effect to create the frames, and used 5 degrees increment for each frame for Twist Radius option...

Wow your good.

I got a new plugin that let me make it a box so I did that. I didn't try the Rotate/Zoom until today, and it didn't work. Thanks for the tip.