How to Install Plugins ×

Animated Image 2.4 - AGIF & APNG

Simon Brown

2 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

... There is only general, Security, Details, Previous versions

You are looking at the File Properties; not Folder Options.

In any case, here are instructions specifically for Windows 10.

http://www.ilovefreesoftware.com/06/windows-10/show-file-name-extensions-windows-10.html

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Hey all, so I was going to open an APNG file with Simon Brown's APNG plugin, which has worked historically (and I have not updated Paint.NET since the last time it has worked). Here is the crash log. I've tried reinstalling the plugin, as well as Paint.NET, but have had no results. A quick scan on the pinned post shows no "obvious" fixes. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

• 4 months later...

This did work, however, I tried to make parts on the .gif invisible/transparent.. It resulted in a white background. Is there any way to do this properly? If so let me know.

Gifs only support one level of transparency by using one of the 256 colors in the palette. Check you have one color set to transparent. 

Feel free to upload the source image (it must be family friendly) if you want further help.

• 3 months later...

Not working in 4.1.6

C:\Program Files\paint.net 4.1.6\FileTypes\AnimGIF.dll, version 1.7.0.0

Type: AnimGIF.AnimFactory
System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.PdnInfo' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Resources, Version=4.106.7016.38074, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
   at AnimGIF.AnimFactory.GetFileTypeInstances()
   at PaintDotNet.Data.FileTypes.LoadFileTypes() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Data\FileTypes.cs:line 200

• 8 months later...

This plugin does not work in Paint.NET 4.2.8, it results in this:

Application version: paint.net 4.2.8

System.ArgumentException: Rectangle '{X=34,Y=25,Width=2,Height=0}' cannot have a width or height equal to 0.
   at System.Drawing.Bitmap.Clone(Rectangle rect, PixelFormat format)
   at MyAnim.PNG.MyAnimPNG.OnSaveT(Document input, Stream output, PropertyBasedSaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler progressCallback)
   at PaintDotNet.FileType`2.OnSave(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType`2.cs:line 39
   at PaintDotNet.FileType.Save(Document input, Stream output, SaveConfigToken token, Surface scratchSurface, ProgressEventHandler callback, Boolean rememberToken) in D:\src\pdn\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 282
   at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.SaveConfigDialog.<>c__DisplayClass48_0.<UpdatePreviewAsync>b__0() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\SaveConfigDialog.cs:line 602
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at PaintDotNet.Dialogs.SaveConfigDialog.<UpdatePreviewAsync>d__48.MoveNext() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Dialogs\SaveConfigDialog.cs:line 629

Some admin must fix this.

• 2 years later...
On 12/18/2019 at 7:55 AM, HyReZ said:

Try this one:

Unfortunately that one does not support saving of .apng files, only opening them.  Only does half the job, if you're looking to edit an .apng and keep it as an .apng.