Plugin request: Eraser line

jake2k

Basically I would like to be able to use the line tool to make the pixels transparent instead of filling them with a color. This would be very helpful when cutting objects from a background and being able to see the result in real time as opposed to using the alpha mask technique where your not able to see the result until all the lines are in place and you run the plugin.

Please :lol:

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^

You can do that, if I understand you correctly. Choose the line tool, choose a transparent color, and set the blending mode to Overwrite ( :OverwriteBlending: instead of :NormalBlending: )

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

You can do that, if I understand you correctly. Choose the line tool, choose a transparent color, and set the blending mode to Overwrite ( :OverwriteBlending: instead of :NormalBlending: )

Perfectly right. And, this also is the case if you want to fill something with the “color” transparent. (Removing all colors) I have found it quite practical to have transparent in my color pallet.

But if you do this, remember that the eraser doesn’t work if the color is set to transparent.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Feather and other anti-aliasing-helper plugins should help with that.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I'd noticed this too. It was annoying that it would be aliased when subtracting.

Feather and other anti-aliasing-helper plugins should help with that.

Helps, but not solve. :(

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

From what i understand, this plug-in would have to be used in those 3rd party boxes like Smudge. As i've never seen a realtime plugin utilized on the main canvas. And this sort makes the plugin superfluous. But i could be wrong.

Unless You got Rick to do it for the next version.

Jake, you should know this.

*deep breath*

Pluginscanonlydoeffectsadjustmentsandfiletypes!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

:oops: srry but at least I got my idea out and maybe we'll see it in a later release *crosses fingers*

Puteulanus___Jake2k_by_Club_PaintDotNET.png

^Click to visit my Flickr Gallery^