How Do You Make Avatars Look "Real?"

Hello FaeJInx.

Two things I wish to bring to your attention:

• 1) you should have noticed that you're posting in a section titled 'Tutorials - Publishing Only'. If you have an ordinary question to ask, the
General Discussion & Questions section is the place to post. Alternatively, one of the image umbrellas in the Pictorium if thr category fits the request (again, do not create a new topic).
2) This is family-friendly forum. We have members as young as 10 years old frequenting this forum. The example images you have posted are not appropriate for their youthful eyes, and this is not exclusive to the younger member neither. A digesting of the Rules would have highlighted this to you (in this case, [rule=12]Rule #12[/rule])
You will have to find alternate images to example with. Many thanks.

I highly suggest you review the Rules before you post again, just so you're not caught unaware: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3446

Topic moved to General Discussion & Questions

Images removed

Obviously what one considers appropriate, versus another, is going to vary significantly. I used what I thought to be tasteful; a bathing suit snapshot, one with a bared midriff and hint of bottom bosom but nothing explicit; and a third one, which probably did cross a line. So, without further ado, let me see if these are more acceptable.

22879_f453c62c6dc66664103a4d1398a88687

Down - Thank you very much for the tips, I'll go through the other tuts. to get a better grip on the tools available and of which you mentioned. It doesn't seem quite so overwhelming, when you have a starting point!!

Oma - That was sarcasm, I hope? LOL Everyone is well covered up! Except the male; but who hasn't seen a bared, male chest?

Have a great rest of your weekend, to all those who've cared to help in a constructive and kind fashion.

If someone takes offense, I'll remove it. Why don't you try to find photos of people who are fully clothed?

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Part of the reason for picking the pictures which bared a male chest and the legs of a female; is to best show the realism and depth of change between a basic Avatar; and the redone photographs. When looking at the clothing, there does not seem to be much of a difference; it is in the tone of the skin and the definition that is rendered.

How that is racy I don't understand; has no child or adult worn shorts or been outside while their father mows the yard? Never been to a beach? Worn a sundress? Heck even President Obama has been plastered across the news on the beaches of Hawaii .. *gasp* shritless and in shorts! A female's legs and a male chest, is offensive? What of these pics .. they are on this site, unlocked, unremoved and without issue.

22879_9d2a42d4c220ab3701f2fd7401ccc95e

22879_2dae03754a5c8e41f8d830db0fc6d10e

22879_8d1cd7c6beab98dbed3b6a30e30986f7