Plugin Categories...

johnathanamber

Hey everyone,

Hope y'all have a wonderful, safe and blessed Christmas and New years!

Question... why aren't the plugins in categories?

The way it is now is hard to figure out what are effects or filetypes, etc.

Why not have categories for types of effects or at least distinguish from one group of effects to another or whatever y'all can think of.

God bless,

Johnathan

signature.png

Plug ins are made by many deferent people. Sometimes they don’t think alike when talking about where to put what. You are right that it is sometimes a bit confusing.

I believe Rick is thinking about doing something about it for some future release of Paint.NET. But as usual no ETA. So we all have to live with the problem for a while.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

Greetings.

You can almost always rely on the plugin author to tell you whether the plugin is a file type, effect or adjustment in the first post, and where to find it in Paint.NET after installation. What's more, you can usually determine that yourself by the title of the plugin, which will also give a clue to what the plugin might do. (For instance, you know Printer+ isn't a photo manipulation effect, likewise Grid Maker a white balance adjustment.)

I cannot better finish this posting than with what Leif wrote:

You are right that it is sometimes a bit confusing... [and]

...we all have to live with the problem for a while.