Patch for use with the Bamboo tablet?

In a way, yes. The software patch is called Windows Vista. :-P

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Sorry, there's really no other way to do it...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

I have Vista but the pressure-sensitive feature doesn't work on my Bamboo tablet. :(

We did disable something in Vista because when I first used the tablet the cursor kept changing to a circle then erasing instead of painting. That was some horrible feature of the Vista tablet software so I turned it off. But the pressure-sensitive wasn't working before I turned that off either.

Have you updated the Wacom drivers or installed the Wacom software? It's what I did for my Volito2 tablet, Vista drivers aside.

At the time of writing, for me Wacom's website is experiencing some technical difficulties, so you might need to hang fire for a while.

• 2 weeks later...

For Christmas, I bought myself a Wacom Intuos3 4x6, and promptly installed it.

Immediately after installing, I checked for driver updates, and installed the newest one available.

Then, I tried Paint.NET, and found that it didn't work. Worked fine in Gimp, and in Photoshop Elements, but not Paint.NET. Yes, it's Vista, not XP.

So, I uninstalled all the drivers, and anything associated with the Wacom tablet, closed out every program that was running, and then did a fresh install using the original driver disk, and lo, and behold, it works. The pressure sensitivity eraser doesn't, but the brush does.

• 2 months later...

So as far as I'm not having Windows Vista I cannot use pressure-sensitive? :/ That's boring >_< *Sigh*

stupid question, but would this extra function work if I would use another painting Program like Gimp or Phtoshop even when I still use Win XP?

Possibly. I can't speak for the developers of those programs.

If it makes you feel better, pressure sensitivity won't work for ANYone as soon as Paint.NET v3.5 comes out. He's removing that functionality from the program (possibly temporarily, possibly permanently) to improve a few things.

If it makes you feel better, pressure sensitivity won't work for ANYone as soon as Paint.NET v3.5 comes out. He's removing that functionality from the program (possibly temporarily, possibly permanently) to improve a few things.

Interesting, why is Rick doing that?

blog.getpaint.net[/url]":12l4lwfg]Tablet PC “ink” and “pressure” support is out. It was implemented in a very bizarre way and was seriously preventing further progress and bug fixes. I haven’t had any hardware to test this for at least 3 years, so it has always been a best-faith feature. Hopefully it will make a comeback.

I remember him saying more on the forum, but I can't find it.

blog.getpaint.net[/url]":167n5g53]Tablet PC “ink” and “pressure” support is out. It was implemented in a very bizarre way and was seriously preventing further progress and bug fixes. I haven’t had any hardware to test this for at least 3 years, so it has always been a best-faith feature. Hopefully it will make a comeback.

I remember him saying more on the forum, but I can't find it.

Ah, so it's a feature he can't really support. Well, we must all make sacrifices for progress. ;)

(not that many people have tablets anyway)