[mRyan Designs] Mike Ryan's Gallery!

Mike Ryan

Very nice Mike - did you use a tablet for it?

All in Paint.NET?

Is that natural pressure sensitivity, or did you mimic it with the line tool?

I like the new logo - it's sleek and grungy at the same time :P)

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

All in Paint.NET?

I mimic'd the pressure sensitivity look, then used a controlled selection of Add Noise and Motion blur followed by a 1px erase to give it the torn feel. All Paint.NET. The only part I can't and won't take credit for is the leaf at the tip of the 'Y'. That is actually CMD's creation from a while back. I wanted it too feel kind of Japanese in terms of the fake brush stroke and tried to keep it sleek at the same time. I like it, and I still have some corrections to make. Glad you like it ;)

signature.png

All in Paint.NET?

I mimic'd the pressure sensitivity look, then used a controlled selection of Add Noise and Motion blur followed by a 1px erase to give it the torn feel. All Paint.NET. The only part I can't and won't take credit for is the leaf at the tip of the 'Y'. That is actually CMD's creation from a while back. I wanted it too feel kind of Japanese in terms of the fake brush stroke and tried to keep it sleek at the same time. I like it, and I still have some corrections to make. Glad you like it ;)

:shock:

Look forward to seeing how you do the Ribbons. Like sharp says twisting ribbons are tough to do. You need to get some little dips and shadows in there with out it being too over the top. But you have great skills of observation and great PDN skills so I'm sure you will whip thru that sig in no time.

you have a nice Christmas Mike, and once again congrats on your getting into that art class.

ciao OMA

Starting to work on the bow. I was going to attempt to add the same mRyan gloss effect to it, but I fear the shadows and blending will make it way too complicated with what little time I have left :D

In the mean time, I noticed this guy sitting in my photobucket account. Probably a few days old and is another reminder I need to get off of this style. However, I was happy that I didn't use cool, dark colors like my favorite shades of blues and dark greens. This one actually attempted vibrant colors.

vibrantwarm.png

signature.png

I expect the GIF to be pretty hefty in size as well, after all it is about 47(!) frames. I'll just considerit my second proof of concept APNG signature, the first of which I am now noticing is not up in my gallery. Let me see if ol' Photobucket has it...

Ah! I found it. I also found a lot more unposted artwork. Maybe I should unearth a bit of it over the course of this Christmas break

2500postsigawesome.png

Also, yes I love Opera. If you are just using it to toy around with and don't mind it crashing every once in a while, you should check out the new developer's preview of Opera 10.50. I am a huge Opera fanboy and will defend it against all odds (Just ask CMD).

signature.png