Paint .NET needs a smudge tool!!!

So I've been looking all over the internet for a smudge plugin and I found one but it's not easy to use because I have to go through the effect list, then it gives me a separate window. I use the smudge tool actively while drawing and I can't work with that tool so I kept looking and I found nothing but a lot of talk about a smudge tool that was suppose to be added a little after version 2.00 but it's at version 3.36 and still no smudge tool!

I really love Paint .NET and it has inline features I love such as the DDS format but I can't draw with it until there is a smudge tool so is it ever going to be added and if so then when is the maximum date we can expect it? I mean even if you release a slow buggy smudge tool it would be better then no smudge tool!

Is paint .net an open source project? I'm a skilled programmer and may be able to speed up the process of a smudge tool.

If you took the time to read the rules/FAQ's, the answer would be no.

No, it isn't open source.

No, you can't download the source.

No, you cannot become a member of the development team (as far as I can remember, Rick's stated several times this is his own personal project)

You can if you find a copy of the source code and make the changes yourself. I'm sure someone on this forum might be kind enough to PM you the most recent version's source code, which is still under the MIT license even though the download has been removed.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

You can if you find a copy of the source code and make the changes yourself. I'm sure someone on this forum might be kind enough to PM you the most recent version's source code, which is still under the MIT license even though the download has been removed.

If they would I'd appreciate it and I'm quite sure they will not regret it! :D

You're going to fork PDN just for the smudge tool?

Would it really be that much work to copy and paste my edited code? Thats only if it takes me that long, plus this is an important tool which I'm shock that PDN has gone so long without.

I believe Rick said that the implementations of a smudge tool would have to wait until version 4.0 of Paint.NET is coming out, and that may be a while yet.