Please help this newbie change the color of clothes

I'm a newbie and I need help changing the color of this white lace glove to black.

The steps are probably similar to "changing hair color," but either it's looks really bad or I'm doing something wrong.

I did a search for other "change color" topics, and found a "Conditional Hue Saturation" plugin, which I downloaded, but I don't know how to use it. Not sure if that's even the right tool to use for this type of job.

I also went Youtubing, but couldn't find a narrated video without anime images, and those silent fast forward makeup/touchup videos are for intermediate users.

3131783617_a3b500e497.jpg?v=0

After hours of holding my bladder, skipping meals, neglecting my son and bf, and losing sleep, here's the pathetic :cry: result of my 100th* attempt to change clothes color using a duplicate layer, black and white adjustments, and magic wand the body and background.

3132656798_0b29095084.jpg?v=0

*slightly exaggerated

Anyone willing to take a few moments out of your time and lay out the steps for me?

Conditional Hue/Saturation should do the work fast and easy.

That's what I thought so I downloaded the plugin, but I don't know how to use it. I played with the color wheel and increase/decrease the different levels, and it changed everything except the clothes. :cry:

Woah! that is so much better. Especially how you can still see the skin tone through the mesh part of the glove. Could you please give me the step-by-step guide on how to do this?

OK,

but this page is not for tutorial.

tutoriai up in my site.

http://paintnet.web.fc2.com/retouch/etc/recolorw2b.htm

Conditional Hue/Saturation should do the work fast and easy.

That's what I thought so I downloaded the plugin, but I don't know how to use it. I played with the color wheel and increase/decrease the different levels, and it changed everything except the clothes. :cry:

If you had posted the image earlier I whouldn't have suggested that plugin, that's because the clothes you want to change the color of was white (the plugin can only change things with color).

Well, good it's solved at least...

If you had posted the image earlier I whouldn't have suggested that plugin, that's because the clothes you want to change the color of was white (the plugin can only change things with color).

I cant seem to find it but I would like to try that plug in ... I am trying to change colors on a uniform.

martelshiney300-1.pngbleeping12.png

lillinh,

Thanks for the reply.

Now that I have it..

Anybody know how to select only part of a pic.

I want to change the uniforms colors of one player in same pic wearing the same uniform as another.

In other words.. two players same uniform I want to change color of only one uniform.

martelshiney300-1.pngbleeping12.png