How do you make collages as good as this..

Make sure you use search. Here's a tutorial that will help

Cutting Out Images the Easy Way v2.

Cut out your pics and then paste them into a background like that city you have there.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

If you want to understand Paint.NET better, there are 3 things I can tell you:

1. Look over the Help File (F1 while in PDN)

2. Mess around in PDN!

3. Check out the tutorials

Once you get a feel for things tutorials will start making more sense.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

If you want to understand Paint.NET better, there are 3 things I can tell you:

1. Look over the Help File (F1 while in PDN)

2. Mess around in PDN!

3. Check out the tutorials

Once you get a feel for things tutorials will start making more sense.

Okay, I'll do them, And I'll tell you if I get more comfortably using Paint.net, Because, I am new at this, So I'll just mess around and try to get things right, Thanks for the advice..

The post above probably has crappy art.. Just look past that

:D

Honestly, even though the men are a bit stretched vertically, I think this collage looks better than your friend's - as far as cut outs go. Very nice and clean lines.

Now I would work on the text. Check out this tutorial, as well as this one. They might help you get some better text effects.

If I were you, I wouldn't save your pictures as .GIFs because they lose a lot of quality (you see all of those little dots everywhere on your pic?). Next time, or if you kept the layered .PDN file, save your picture as a .PNG or.BMP because those don't lose quality over time.

Hope I am of help

Honestly, even though the men are a bit stretched vertically, I think this collage looks better than your friend's - as far as cut outs go. Very nice and clean lines.

Now I would work on the text. Check out this tutorial, as well as this one. They might help you get some better text effects.

If I were you, I wouldn't save your pictures as .GIFs because they lose a lot of quality (you see all of those little dots everywhere on your pic?). Next time, or if you kept the layered .PDN file, save your picture as a .PNG or.BMP because those don't lose quality over time.

Hope I am of help

Wow, You have been the most helpful, I'm gonna check out the text tutorials, And I realized the .Gifs things, From now on I save it is .PNG but, I did actually take those pictures from photobucket :oops: but it doesn't matter, If I had more time I would have made my own, But I didn't. But thanks for the advice/help I'll be checking out the tuts soon!

I looked at both of them..

1. I do not want to download any plugins, Because my computer is stuffed, And If I add anything else it will freeze, (I gotta delete some stuff)

2. They were kind of confusing, The First one was confusing, And the second you need to download about 3 plugins..

Any help with the font....?

Honestly, plugins are soo small of a file size - I don't think they would have too much of an effect on your computer. (you're looking at kbs)

What would you like to know about fonts? Here's a tutorial :P that might help with installing them, if you're not sure how. A good site to get them from is Dafont. You can get a bunch of free ones there.

Regarding the tutorials: I know, the users try to be newbie-friendly when writing them, but my best advice to tell you is just to mess around in Paint.NET until you get a feel for where tools/ whatever else are. If you look under the Newbie Playground section of the Tutorials section, you should definitely get a good start on get oriented with Paint.NET.

Nab

P.S. Oh - and try not to discredit others by calling their art yours :|

Honestly, plugins are soo small of a file size - I don't think they would have too much of an effect on your computer. (you're looking at kbs)

What would you like to know about fonts? Here's a tutorial :P that might help with installing them, if you're not sure how. A good site to get them from is Dafont. You can get a bunch of free ones there.

Regarding the tutorials: I know, the users try to be newbie-friendly when writing them, but my best advice to tell you is just to mess around in Paint.NET until you get a feel for where tools/ whatever else are. If you look under the Newbie Playground section of the Tutorials section, you should definitely get a good start on get oriented with Paint.NET.

Nab

P.S. Oh - and try not to discredit others by calling their art yours :|

Well, I actually just used their pictures in the collage, I didn't take their exact picture, Also, I don't actually know what I need to learn about fonts, I know nothing about fonts, I'm new to this, I just use whatever font there is there, Is there anything I should know about fonts?

Oh, ok, I thought you just ripped their pic :oops:

Well, fonts aren't very complicated to learn, as far as I can tell. Different fonts convey different moods.

A font like this, personally, denotes a classy feel

http://www.dafont.com/chopin-script.font

While a font like this is much grungier and dirty

http://www.dafont.com/district.font

You use fonts to convey different moods and styles.

Pretty basic, right?

Hey chris welcome to the forum.

I see that nab has answered most of your questions. I would like to quickly say that you should save your work as .png. It holds the best quality.

;)

Yes, So I've heard, LoL, But, I seen the quality with .Gif, and .PNG, There is a huge difference, Thats what I'm gonna start doing from now on..

I would like to quickly say that you should save your work as .png. It holds the best quality.

;)

...save your picture as a .PNG or.BMP because those don't lose quality over time.

:wink:

...No, I didn't get that shift thing in. But it was next on my list! :lol: