Sign in to follow this  
Lance McKnight

Closed

How do you make glass :?: I sound so much like a newbie :lol: but anyways I love the new piece , fantastic :mrgreen: :AddNoise:

Start with :AllColorChannels: and then work with a bit of :AlphaChannel: there. I am not giving away all the tips. If you truly want to make one, got to try to make one yourself. That's how I got started. Trust me, even Ash himself didn't give me every tip, he just nudged a bit, and a bit, and a bit until I got the hang of it.

Cool.

Thanks.

How Did You Make Your Sig? :roll: Please Post A tut :)

How did I make my sig? By being creative and ignoring the trend to slap on render like most of the artists here do. As for writing a tutorial, nope, not going to do it. I like being original.

Anyway, I have updated and orgainzed my gallery. Enjoy them folks.

Like I said before, your sig is fantabulous. The glass orbs are spectacular. I like the way your mind thinks. Nice job!

New works added. The first image was an adaption of david.atwell's Tilt Shift tutorial and then a simulation of how glass interacts with photograph. The second is yet another glass block added to my collection of obsessions with glass. I just love making glass!

That latest piece is absolutley wonderful. Like nature in a glass tray. wonderfully crisp and shiny.

ciao OMA

I forgot to add another picture. :oops:

Thanks to everyone who commented, it is greatly appreciated.

@AFG, it is indeed good to use glass on other things other than orbs. Now I need to make something else... :wink:

Each time I visit your gallery, there's this feeling of inspiration inside. It makes me happy to see such talented work as yours. Once again, very beautiful glass work! :shock: :shock: