Sign in to follow this  
fallback

.. paint.net used as a video editor?! ..

.. i was just wonderin' if by chance pdn would also be used not only in photo editing but also in video editing?! ..

.. is it possible to implement this kind of stuff?! ..

.. hope someone out there would give me an answer to this ..

.. or has this question been raised before already?! ..

There is only a plug in that allows you to import ONE frame from a small video file. But that is as close as you can get to video editing in paint.NET. And I don’t think video editing will ever be possible in paint.NET.

Leif is quite correct; you can dispense with all thoughts about video editing becoming a core feature of Paint.NET. I can with almost guaranteed certainty that there are no plans down this route of digital medium

Sorry.

The easiest way if your video is long/complicated is to download VirtualDub and ScriptLab, use VD to seperate the video into frames and use ScriptLab's batch processor to run your selected effects on each frame, then find some software to combine the frames back into a video.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, it's like asking why cars don't have built-in rocket ships. They're two completely separate things, they don't mesh well together, and they'd be too hard to use anyway...