How to remove background elements off scanned pics

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20971

^First post. Run Levels to make your sketches darker before you remove the background (make sure only the drawing is darkening, not the background). For your colored sketches, try the Color to alpha plugin. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22215&p=133875&hilit=color+to+alpha#p133875

That's a nice method, and it turned out pretty efficient, but I got to much noise, check this screenshot:

th_2008-12-17-Noisy.jpg

In this example I applied the "alpha mask" effect without loading any images, and with the "Invert Mask" option activated.

So I get the sketch with no background, then I added a white layer beneath it.

What do you suggest to remove the noise?

I no longer maintain the "

Paint.NET Tutorials for Geeks"

its very nice you should really start yourself a gallery in the pictorium for your art work. we are allowed one gallery each there. It will be where everyone heads to check the new artwork by our members out. posting here in the general discussion group could mean it gets lost in the shuffle and you receive no comments.

Look forward to viewing your artwork in your gallery ....hint hint.

ciao

OMA

and PS welcome to our forum.

I have downloaded that plugin and applied the effect, but nothing (at all) happened :? , I am missing something?

Glad you found a solution. For future reference, try switching the primary color in your color panel to white, and then running the effect. (Hence, Strip Primary Color.)

Well, it seems like a nice idea, but isn't the pictorium supposed to have pictures made by Paint.NET?

Because, my sketched are -of course- created on paper, then scanned and fixed using Paint.NET.

You've edited it in Paint.net so I'm sure it qualifies. and considering you've found your way here and are so good at drawing, it won't be long before we see you attempting pieces with more paint.net components, and trying out plugins etc. :wink:

ciao OMA .

This could work for some of them.

• [*:wnyrkmx6]First do Adjustments > Black and White (Ctrl + Shift + G)
    [*:wnyrkmx6]Then duplicate the layer. Set the duplicated layer blend mode to color burn. The sketch should become more black. Merge the 2 layers.
    [*:wnyrkmx6]Now, run alpha mask on its own, but remember to check the Invert Mask box.
    The white should be gone and you should see a checkboard pattern behind your sketch.
    [*:wnyrkmx6]Now, Adjustments > Curves (Ctrl + Shift + M)
    Make the luminosity as a horizontal line at the bottom.
    [*:wnyrkmx6]You've now cut out the sketch. I hope. :P

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

This could work for some of them.

• [*:8033ki8z]First do Adjustments > Black and White (Ctrl + Shift + G)
    [*:8033ki8z]Then duplicate the layer. Set the duplicated layer blend mode to color burn. The sketch should become more black. Merge the 2 layers.
    [*:8033ki8z]Now, run alpha mask on its own, but remember to check the Invert Mask box.
    The white should be gone and you should see a checkboard pattern behind your sketch.
    [*:8033ki8z]Now, Adjustments > Curves (Ctrl + Shift + M)
    Make the luminosity as a horizontal line at the bottom.
    [*:8033ki8z]You've now cut out the sketch. I hope. :P

This seems like the best way to do it, I applied all the steps except the first one, and the method rendered (way) less noise than using the "alpha mask" effect alone.

Here is a sample:

th_2008-12-19-Less-Noisy.jpg

With coloured sketches, use the first 2 steps of the method i gave above to create a mask for the sketch. Then use the created mask to cut out the sketch.

Alpha masking:

http://cmdsketchpad.com/tutorial.php?tutid=2

http://cmdsketchpad.com/tutorial.php?tutid=3

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

With coloured sketches, use the first 2 steps of the method i gave above to create a mask for the sketch. Then use the created mask to cut out the sketch.

Alpha masking:

http://cmdsketchpad.com/tutorial.php?tutid=2

http://cmdsketchpad.com/tutorial.php?tutid=3

Thanks for all your help m8 :)

Note that setting: Color Dodge gives a better result than Color Burn...

OK, i'll work on that :wink:

Here it is :wink: