Form Fitting Objects?

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to wrap a tribal tattoo around a bald man's head, or at least the image of one.

I have the head on one layer and the tattoo on another. I have been trying to use Distort > Warp Point (Which I found while searching) and Distort > Power Stretch (which was already in my effects folder) and have gotten close but I'm wondering if there is an easier way.

Is there a tool available that will allow me to select a section of a layer and begin manipulating it? What I am really hoping to find is a tool that places numerous nodes around the selected area and allows me to drag them into any position necessary... like a more advance version of the :LineCurveTool: tool. It would be really cool if it were possible to use the outline tools and then add nodes to them. Anything like that available or possibly in the works?

Anything like that available or possibly in the works?

not that

I know of, but if you're looking to fit an image around something round, try shape3D. With it, you can map the image to a sphere, which would be a good starting point for a bald head.

hope this helps.

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

no extra nodes sorry. I wish they had that as well.

for shaping these are some I use

there is the Octagonal/quad reshape matt plug in.

there is Tube oblique

there is power stretch

there is point wrap.

lens sometimes helps.

often I just select and pull the nodes (rotate your image as required for even stretch)

I use all of the above

ciao