Coloured vignettes and better soft focusing

meg&kiki

This is my first time posting, so I apologize if this is in the wrong area...

issue #1: i added the ed harvey plugin which came with a TON of stuff... i only needed the vignette tool which works great, but i want to be able to turn the vignette alternate colours other than black. yes i know i have the option of creating a new layer, filling it with the desired colour, and then using the gradiant tool, but its just not cutting it for me, as the image still has a tint of whatever colour i have selected

21877_a3677a8c0dc20d934e686bb4f2e75841

issue #2: i like the idea of being able to soften the portrait, but i find it distorts the the image colours SO much, that it ruins the picture for me. is there a more subtle way of softening the portrait without the colours being distorted?

21877_6d2c7d4f42d0cefc63b687a8ec8f6415

maybe i'm being picky, but any help is greatly appreciated! i'm a newbie to paint.net so dummy down the instructions if possible please and thank you

Duplicate the layer first, then use soften, then adjust the top layers opacity. Also, try playing with 'multiply' and 'reflect' blend modes at low opacity from a duplicate of the softened layer.

WeddingDude.jpg

That may still be a little overcooked for your liking, but again, you can just put the original picture on a new layer, and reduce the opacity of the top layer.