Launch paint.net from context menu?

bitsnbytes

In windows a context menu "Edit" appears when you right click an image file. By default this loads mspaint. Is it possible to have this action open paint.net instead? Thankyou

in Vista, if you right-click an image file, you can click "Open with..." and then select "Choose default program" where you can choose Paint.NET to open that type of image file.

Subsequently, if you double-click an image file of that type, it would open in Paint.NET

I just have PdN set as my default image editor, and it automatically opens PNGs, JPEGs, etc in PdN when I right-click and hit Edit. In Vista, to set your default programs, go to Control Panel->Programs->Default Programs.

Photobucket Sucks!

in Vista, if you right-click an image file, you can click "Open with..." and then select "Choose default program" where you can choose Paint.NET to open that type of image file.

Subsequently, if you double-click an image file of that type, it would open in Paint.NET

I think this works in XP, too.

pdnsig2.png

This sentence is a lie.

1. Download this Program - FileTypesMan - and Open it

2. Look for the Extensions you want to edit

3. When you find one Double click on the 'Edit' row and change the 'Command Line' to:

"Where you installed Paint.net\PaintDotNet.exe" "%1"

(with the quotes)

So you would most likely put in:

"C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\PaintDotNet.exe" "%1"

(Again WITH the quotes)

If the file doesn't have an 'Edit' thingy at the bottom, make sure you've got the offending filetype highlighted, click on 'Actions' (at the top)> New Action. Then for the top two boxes type 'Edit' and for 'Command-Line' put in what I explained in Step 3.

065a8d69.png

If you do that you can put in ANY FILETYPE (although you should probably make sure it works in PDN). I hope I wasn't too confusing :?