Guitars

survulus

• 9 months later...

For you, my friend, I have one word.... which actually seems like it should be two, but it is in fact a forced compound word that's technically not allowed in the English language, but is accepted in a modern day, Internet-driven society where language is simplified:

Craigslist!

That's how I got most of my guitar things. I got a Marshall amp with 5 effects (~$200) with a 20-foot Monster Cable (~$30) for $75, all in their original packaging.

I also got my favorite acoustic guitar for ~$150. It looks like it's a trash acoustic, I bought it at trash acoustic price, but it's of surprisingly good quality (solid spruce top, mahogany body, tuners that keep pitch for weeks, durable). That guitar also somewhat replaced my electric (an Epiphone SG) because of the warm-toned pickup inside (perfect for all my Radiohead needs).

Oh, but if you want to know about dream guitars... well, I have my ideas. The Ibanez S5470. Before that, however, I want to buy a hollow-body, but I can't say I know what to buy in that field...

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

ah, i love single coils...

smooth jazz sound, works really well with a british crunch distortion.

im a massive single coil fan.

also, had it for a while, but i finally got the expression/wah pedal fixed on my Digitech RP350!

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

then, i would recommend a single coil guitar with a humbucker pickup. usually, the best ones are the 2 singles, 1 humbucker at the back. they do everything well in my opinion.

You should get the Win7 theme for XP. Then get the rest of Win7. Then uninstall XP. Then it'll really look nice. ~ David Atwell

yes, but if youre like most people, youll get a whammy bar, and start diving and all that on most notes. once you do that, it starts to grow old.

im not saying theyre bad, im not saying don't use them, but what i am saying is dont OVERuse them :D

I hate to burst your bubble, but a whammy bar and tremolo bar are the same thing.

hate to burst your bubble, but i know. i just said it different ways.

Stop bursting bubbles! It hurts my eyes. :P

I'm willing to accept that opinion, different people, different minds and all that.

Could really do with a new guitar soon, meh, Christmas maybe? I'm thinking maybe a Strat but maybe not actually, I did see a nice Westfield the other day. Seriously need it though, my band is failing. No lead guitarist.

love eric johnson. Ah via musicom. oh yeah. famous for cliffs of dover, mainly because it featured on guitar hero. anyone who knew eric johnson before GH came out, well done, you know real music.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else think semi-acoustic guitars are becoming overused. I have one of these, although its a mid-60's Ibanez copy not a Rickenbacker.

318px-Rickenbacker_330JG.jpg

And I love it to death but I'm afraid everyone is playing the old Gibson's and Gretch's now its becoming overused. But It's a sweet guitar, how many guitars have double layered pick guards? Not many. Anyway, what do you reckon semi acoustics are overused?

Btw, for clarification for anyone stuck in the 80's, semi-acoustic are ELECTRIC guitars (I know) with a large hollow body.