Guitars

survulus

As BoltBait said, acoustic guitars are better if you're starting out. In my theory, acoustic guitars can develop strength in your arms for strumming (not even sure if it realy matters) unlike electric guitars where a slight disturbance to the strings would send your cat away to the window in supersonic speed.

Not necessarily. I have an electric and I rarely play with my amp on.

No-ones taken into account what style of music your aiming to play. Peterpawn assumingly goes for softer music, so finger picking would sound great. Unfortunately if your aiming to play Slayer, that wouldn't be the best. Heres a basic breakdown of guitars and style. You obviously will find these guitars in other music styles but this is just basic

Gibson SG - Heavy rock but not metal, think AC/DC and Led Zeppelin.

Fender Telecaster - Soft rock, country, think some American country band (Dont know any)

Fender Stratocastor - A little bit of everything based around rock. Think Jimi Hendrix.

These man-o-wargroup_01.jpg. think Slayer, Slipknot or any band with a demonic name.

Gibson Les Paul - A bit like a strat but a wee bit more rock. Again really dynamic.

So all in all, dont get a very genre specific guitar, like the one pictured. If you ever have the urge to play tibetan monk music, it WONT work. Plus if you get good enough to do pub gigs, it could cost you if they want a jazz band.

I dunno, my favourite bands (mostly heavy rock) use all kinds of guitar, a lot of les pauls in there, a number of telecasters (one of the slipknot guitarists uses a telecaster actually, the other uses a super strat, seeing you mentioned them) and a few gibson SGs.

No-ones taken into account what style of music your aiming to play. Peterpawn assumingly goes for softer music, so finger picking would sound great.

Epic mistake. Get a thumbpick and play both at the same time, or you'll regret not being able to play something heavier if you feel the urge to.

Me, being a metal kind of guy, would pick the dean razorback, then get vinyls and (maybe, if i had the money or the skill) airbrush it. But, right now i have a epiphone les paul and I'm fine with it, except you HAVE to get new strings, the strings you get with the les paul are pretty horrible. Oh yah, and if you play as much as me (1 hour or more a day), you'll be changin strings a LOT

That's what I did. I think mine was around $400. Epiphone les paul studio...And the first thing I did was get new strings. :lol:

I was playing on my dads busted up acoustic before...It buzzes past the 12th fret...

I don't play as much as I should though. =\

•♪♫♫♪•

FoolsBlood.png

|- The Rules -|- çobblestones -|- CaMo -|- MeTaL -|

╠═╧╨»Φ«╨╤═╣

I got my first electric, which I still use, for 110 USD, and it comes with a few plugs and a digital stomp box. As in you plug it into your CPU and all your stomp boxes are in there. It's a Behringer iAxe 393. http://www.behringer.com/iAXE393/

Sorry i don't write tabs lol,i rarely use them myself.Most of the time i just sit down with the song and figure it out with guitar in hand.Sometimes i'll look up tabs just to see what tuning the band uses or maybe a solo thats to quick to hear all the notes but other than that not much of a tab guy.Sorry man

• 3 weeks later...