Really basic question that others have asked. But need more.

I am by no means either a computer or image editing expert so I need some patient help here.

There have been a few people wanting to cut out parts of a photo and then paste that cutout onto another image. I would like to add myself to that group.

I want to take photo's of family members, cut out around the shape of the head, enlarge the cutout head shape and paste it back onto the original body for a cartoon effect.

I have followed the Tutorial on cutting out images and I am now the proud creator of an image of my own head (with checkerboard backround). I have also managed to merge that head back onto a copy of the original image. (Now I have two heads!)

So........ How do I- Select the image of my head.So that I can...

- Enlarge the image of my head.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Germ.

member_profile525223v1.jpg

If I correctly understand you : Use the Magic Wand to select the transparent area (it appears as a checkerboard in PDN), and then Ctrl + I to invert selection. You should have your head selected. And after the enlargement, use BoltBait's Feather effect to soften your edges if needed.

And hold down shift to "constrain proportions" - that is, to keep it from getting squished. Holding shift will allow it to resize uniformly horizontally and vertically.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.