Global Warming

hyrule

Also, a recession is like a depression, but a rather short one, around 3 months.

When you stop whaling, you get more whales and less of that kind of tiny tiny shrimp that they eat. When you stop deforestation, you get more trees, and more animals in the forest. When you stop fishing so much, you get more fish. I don't understand where the bad in any of these is.

By consequence i don't mean bad things, i was saying consequences are what happens after actions. You previously said

Point is we're trying to do less in order to protect the Earth. It's not going to have consequences because it's not an action.

What i was saying that doing all these things (stopping whaling, overfishing, excessive deforestation) is an action and will have great consequences, hope thats all clarified now.

Stopping strip mining, native forest deforestation, over fishing or whaling is an action and it will have consequences. Not doing anything is what we as a human race are doing at the moment. We're not doing anything about climate change.

When you stop whaling, you get more whales and less of that kind of tiny tiny shrimp that they eat. When you stop deforestation, you get more trees, and more animals in the forest. When you stop fishing so much, you get more fish. I don't understand where the bad in any of these is.

Also, a recession is like a depression, but a rather short one, around 3 months.

everything has a consequence. It's all balanced. Have more Of the kind of fish we are fishing, and then the fish that they

eat will start decreasing in population, which will effect other fish which will do loads of other things. we can't predict what will happen if we restore the forests, and even though i want to have more forests (cause i like nature :P ) something unexpected will happen and have some form of consequence.

also, i don't trust a lot of these predictions because we can barely get the weather right for the next week, how the heck are we gonna predict what will happen five decades down the line?!? its crazy!

Except the balance you and LJXD are talking about isn't a balance. This fish population that would become rare isn't supposed to be that big in the first place.

As for the weather for next week and the weather in 50 years:

Upndown.png

^ Good enough for you?

And have you been forced out of your ancestral home due to it? Has your entire country flooded, Jacob? I'm fairly sure that the government of New Zealand have not yet bought a tract of land on which to settle their people should the worst happen:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/7719501.stm

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

Well, i just did an essay about this for school, and if anybody wants to read a few snippets of it, here it is:

Society should not be concerned about the effects of global warming because they would be greater good than for the worse. “If the United States focused more on other important matters such as promoting investment into poorer countries of the world, then the world would just work the way it should and then everyone would be better off.” Scientologist Edward C. Krug states, “Even with the extreme effects of global warming, the world’s area of arable land would triple, and the more water would turn deserts into “gardens”…” (Moore 95). So even in extreme conditions in a century or so, humans would still be able to survive and they would also be better off because all the excess arable land. That would give the world more agricultural opportunities and crops. With the recession the United States economy is dealing with right now, the government could then focus less on changing the natural effects of global warming and start doing other things to help the economy instead. The world would gain so much more in return if this natural phenomenon was just left alone and let nature follow its course.

The fantasy effects of global warming are not an issue that humans need to deal with. That is why the world should not be concerned about this ‘man-made’ issue. It has just been a theory made up to scare humans by showing irrelevant data by inaccurate models and a way for government to get money by making more policies on carbon dioxide and greenhouse gas emissions.

Here is also some of the Works Cited list:

Fumento, Michael. "Hotheads left out in the cold :[2 Edition]. " Washington Times  [Washington, D.C.] 18  Feb. 1996,B.1.  ProQuest Newsstand. ProQuest.  Waunakee High School LMTC, Wisconsin.  2 Dec. 2008 

Jastrow, Robert. “The Magnitude of Global Warming Will Not Be Extreme.” Global Warming. Opposing Viewpoints. San Diego: Greenhaven Press, Inc., 1997. 36-41. Rpt. of “The Magnitude of Global Warming Will Not be Extreme.” What Happened to the Greenhouse Effect? (July 1993).

Moore, Thomas Gales. “Why Global Warming Would Be Good for You.” Environmental Issues. 7th ed. Taking Sides. Guilford, Connecticut: McGraw-Hill, 1997. 329-340. Rpt. of “Why Global Warming Would be Good for You.” Why Global Warming Would Be Good for You. (Winter 1995).

Salmon, Jeffrey. “Global Warming Does Not Pose a Serious Threat.” Global Warming. Opposing Viewpoints. San Diego: Greenhaven Press, Inc., 1997. 23-30. Rpt. of “Greenhouse Anxiety.” Global Warming Does Not Pose a Serious Threat (July 1993).

© Gamer_World14 (All Rights Reserved)

Although many of these facts are a little outdated, i still believe that it is the earth's natural cycle, and that everyone is just wasting their money on controlling carbon-dioxide emissions, because it is not really changing a whole lot. I agree that the world should start to find alternatives to polluting the earth, but we do not need to stop the natural cycles of the earth to do so. Even though I may not also believe everything that i said in this article because i was forced to do the side of the essay where society shouldn't be concerned about global warming, I still think most of my explanation is true.

If you want to read my whole article on my explanation of global warming, you can download my pdf file here

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)

its undeniable evidence that it is 30 (Fahrenheit) degrees in Texas in December, when it is never this cold this early.

It snowed a half week ago, and even though it didn't snow much, that's the earliest i remember ever.

but you know, its global warming, so yeah.

oh, why was Greenland called Greenland when it was named? because IT USED TO BE GREEN. Why were there farms there when the vikings sailed there? because IT WAS WARMER THAN IT IS NOW. Its a cycle the earth goes. through. data over the last 40 years is not confirmation that the earth is warming. Neither is over the last 100. if the earth has been steadily rising for over say a few centuries, then i might be a little worried, but "ooh its warmer this year than 40 years ago! The earth is warming so much that everything will die!"

:? :?:

greenland may have been green at one point, but it hasn't been green anytime recently.

protection of the arctic environment; preservation of the Inuit traditional way of life, including whaling and seal hunting
are environmental issues in Greenland.

In order for them to have a 'traditional' way of life that has largely to do with living off the sea, they must have a past that required them to do the same. Note the absence of farming from the traditional way of life. Most other cultures worldwide developed farming. That the Inuit did not implies that they could not, likely because Greenland was encased in ice at that time.

As for your other point, on it snowing in Texas, I recall that there was speculation about the weather pattern called "El Nino," a temperature increase over a long period of time in the pacific waters being behind the repeat massive snowstorms on the prairies in 2006-7. Might a similar but smaller temperature fluctuation be causing the strange weather in your state- if anything?

Click on my signature image for my gallery | hmmmm...

its undeniable evidence that it is 30 (Fahrenheit) degrees in Texas in December, when it is never this cold this early.

It snowed a half week ago, and even though it didn't snow much, that's the earliest i remember ever.

but you know, its global warming, so yeah.

oh, why was Greenland called Greenland when it was named? because IT USED TO BE GREEN. Why were there farms there when the vikings sailed there? because IT WAS WARMER THAN IT IS NOW. Its a cycle the earth goes. through. data over the last 40 years is not confirmation that the earth is warming. Neither is over the last 100. if the earth has been steadily rising for over say a few centuries, then i might be a little worried, but "ooh its warmer this year than 40 years ago! The earth is warming so much that everything will die!"

http://www.climatecrisis.net/thescience/

Your disbelief sounds like euphemistic passivity.

That's not true. It was named GREENLAND because Erik the Red thought it would be more appealing.

This was also in our 5th grade history books.

Yes, I know Greenland is actually quite green in summer.

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

...oh, why was Greenland called Greenland when it was named? ..

I use to know two twin boys a few years ago who were exchange students from Iceland. They told me that they are taught that there was a viking ruler who was chasing a band of pirates. When the pirates came across greenland, they named it "Greenland" disregarding the extremely cold climates. Then they were sailing and they came across the land which would soon be "Iceland" and they saw that it was warm and green. So they stayed there. When the viking king wanted find these pirates, they told every sailer to find out where they were or else. Well the pirates, who settled in Iceland, sent their messager to the king and the messager told him that the pirates are on the land which is green. So the king sent his fleet of ships to "Greenland" because, well it was named Greenland. They all froze to death and never found the pirates.

I know, I know.. kind of corny. But hey! Its an authentic Iceland folktale. ;)

Wait, Hyrule? Are you against global worming or not?

He thinks the Earth's temperature is rising, yes, but not that it's totally man-made.

pretty much :)

i wonder how much our breathing releases Co2?... maybe they'll start making us breath less. :? 6 or 7 billion people breathing sure releases a lot of CO2 don't you think? plus trillions of animals... there is gonna have a to be a breathing limit or something!

i wonder how much our breathing releases Co2?... maybe they'll start making us breath less. :? 6 or 7 billion people breathing sure releases a lot of CO2 don't you think? plus trillions of animals... there is gonna have a to be a breathing limit or something!

according to this, we should also stop burping, farting, and causing other emissions...jk

deviantART | Paint.NET Gallery | bennettfrazier.com <-- (My new Website!)