Sign in to follow this  
Rhyelys

Paint.Net and Windows 7

I know, it is too early, but I just want to tell. :D

Windows 7 is very good new system, he comes with .NET 3.5.1 and Paint.NET work very well with it, start more fast, install more fast too, but I found a small bug.

The dropdown selector in toolbar don't change the value selected, you need to type the value to work, after this if you back the value to "1" the dropdown turn red like this image.

bugw7pdn.jpg

Paint.Net not crash or anything, if you type other value again its work fine.

To me its is a bug of this .NET version.

I am using Windows Seven Pre-Beta build 6801.

A Windows 7 CD was given to all people who went to the Microsoft PDC 2008 :wink:

Cool! I guess there might be a torrent or something to it already :lol: since they got it free anyway, but since I live on this particular continent, I would most probably never be able to download it... We pay about 100$ a month for 3gig capped internet :evil: And my dad wont let me use the entire cap for it.

I'm 99.9% sure that Rick won't start bug-fixing for Win7 while it's still in Beta. Who knows how many things could change between now and 2010? :-) Still, I'm impressed that you're already starting some bug reports for a negative-two-year-old OS. :-P

You should be reporting these bugs to Microsoft, not me.

Anytime something works fine on, say, Windows Vista but is broken on Windows 7 ... that's called a regression. Report it to them.

You should be reporting these bugs to Microsoft, not me.

Anytime something works fine on, say, Windows Vista but is broken on Windows 7 ... that's called a regression. Report it to them.

You don't need to be so harsh.

I am just telling something that others will see, and suggesting a solution. I am not charging anyone to make a fix for this.

:(

He's saying that the problem is with Windows, not with Paint.NET. If he fixes it, it'll break again when Microsoft fixes their problem. That's not mean, it's a fact.