Helio Ignite Sig©®

-Expiration-

Nope, no broken copyright here, unless he had a patent for the design.

Anyways, not quite there, but close:

magic%20missle.png

Copyright and patent are unrelated. Patents are for inventions and the like (Left-brained stuff, mostly), and yes, you have to apply for one. Copyrights are for intellectual property, art, and other right-brained creations. By US law ( which governs most internet activity, in addition to your local laws ), you own the copyright for something as soon as you create it. No need for applications, no need for a copyright notice (though that certainly helps your case stand up in court), or anything else. Unless you explicitly release some of your rights, the original creator has 100% authority over his/her work from the moment it was created.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys! i'm still kinda new using paint.net. I found this tut really cool but couldn't quite get the effect. could you guys show me how to use the transparency gradient on the tail because i just can't seem to get the effect and that's the point where i got stuck! And should i do anything with the layer blending mode?

First of all, welcome to the forums! :D

Now, for the transparency gradient, you click on the gradient icon. :GradientTool:

Next, you go to the tool option bar at the top, you will see which type of gradient you want, and then a little icon beside it, that should look like :AllColorChannels: . This sets your gradient to a color gradient (from your primary color to your secondary color, or vice versa). Click on this icon, and it will change to something like :AlphaChannel: . As long as your primary color is any solid non-white color, and your secondary color is white, you can make things fade away to transparency.

Don't worry, when I first started PDN, I had no idea this feature existed. :lol:

I hope this helped. :P

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

What font is that, btw?

The font in the tutorial is called Visitor, and can be found at DaFont.

As long as your primary color is any solid non-white color, and your secondary color is white, you can make things fade away to transparency.

Any solid color will work.

Really? I never knew that. :?

Well, you must be right, because you're Ash, and you're always right. :mrgreen:

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

Oh yeah i got another question 'bout the Helio Sig...

I was wondering how you did the blue gradient... Well, I mean..

I know how to come up with the blue gradient but i was wondering how you blended the blue gradient to the

white flame with the crescent part. 'Cause every time i try to add the blue gradient it overwrites everything.