Sign in to follow this  
Pride

Barack Obama has been inaugurated as president of the U.S.!

Now is the debate still on the level and everyone still ok ?

I am. :-)

or is the debate gone into personal space were we want to kill one another over point of views ?

Me - I am ok with it and have no problems with anyone here at all.

However if someone here is hating or now dislikes someone over there personal point of views on this debate, then it time to stop debating health care.

Agreed.

i was angry at my computer for all of that last post. it died, and i lost all my files. sorry for the ranting. :(

anyway, about the heath care thing, if it was run perfectly, then it would be great, but it is almost impossible to do that. if it is done perfectly though, then i wouldn't mind. But usually the government screws things up. like, if you hate bush, look at that government (though personally i don't think he did horribly), or look at Jimmy Carter (that's right, i said jimmy Carter 8) ).

and yeah, i hope Obama doesn't screw up the country, and that he will make it a better place, but i thought he was the lesser of the two. oh well. i can't even vote yet, but i will the next election.

makes some of you guys feel old right? :twisted: (just kidding)

i was angry at my computer for all of that last post. it died, and i lost all my files. sorry for the ranting. :(

anyway, about the heath care thing, if it was run perfectly, then it would be great, but it is almost impossible to do that. if it is done perfectly though, then i wouldn't mind. But usually the government screws things up. like, if you hate bush, look at that government (though personally i don't think he did horribly), or look at Jimmy Carter (that's right, i said jimmy Carter 8) ).

and yeah, i hope Obama doesn't screw up the country, and that he will make it a better place, but i thought he was the lesser of the two. oh well. i can't even vote yet, but I will the next election.

makes some of you guys feel old right? :twisted: (just kidding)

Well the thing is, I don't think he would just rush you right into it. I say he slowly work into something as big as this and see how it starts to take off. If I were him, thats what I do in case it starts to fail. You know step by step untill it is all in.

As for your last post. It was ok with me, I just thought you were going into something else. AsI said, I got no problems with anyone here. I just wanted to make sure the rest feel the same way as we all know how these topics can turn out and it not worth losing friendships

:D.

But I think we can all agree that they are covering him WAY too much on the news nowadays. I mean, they had a helicopter watching as he dropped his kids off at school today. Come ON.

I just feel sorry for the kids... How much of a normal childhood would they get in the White House, puppy or no?

And thank you for settling the healthcare issue magnanimously: as much as I support debate, and started it, it seemed to be getting out of hand... Thanks for ending it quietly guys.

Mods are getting kinda off-topic here... :P

Apparently, I just wanted to celebrate the victory of Obama and it slowly mutated into a debate... then to Back To The Future discussion. :P

I want to make a point about Canadian v US health care. Hitman, I'm curious, but how long do people generally wait in the ER for treatment? I suppose this would be mostly from personal experience. I've waited in the ER for over 2 hours before they took me back, watching person after person go back before me that got there after me. They said they were taking the worst people first. Okay, that makes sense. But if they were so serious, why were they in and out in 20 mins?

As far as Canadian's coming to the US for treatment, its understandable. What do most hospitals do when they aren't equipped to handle something? They send the person to the nearest hospital that is. I'm sure sometimes that would be the US. You also have to realize, that we have hospitals and doctors that cater to the rich, and only the rich. So it would also make sense that those people may come to the US too. What I find interesting is that their insurance will cover them even if they aren't in Canada. Do you think your insurance would cover you in another country? Nope, most don't. Some might, if you notify them before hand that you're visiting another country, then they may approve emergency care, if you need it. What? You don't expect to be injured while there? Stuff happens.

Anyway, enough of that. Back onto the true topic, Back to the Future rocks!

I want to make a point about Canadian v US health care. Hitman, I'm curious, but how long do people generally wait in the ER for treatment? I suppose this would be mostly from personal experience. I've waited in the ER for over 2 hours before they took me back, watching person after person go back before me that got there after me. They said they were taking the worst people first. Okay, that makes sense. But if they were so serious, why were they in and out in 20 mins?

Well we do the same thing in ER with taking what we believe may be the worst case 1st before getting to what we believe is minor. For me 20 mins in ER with my blood clot when I was 17. I would range somewere in the area of worst as it could kill me if it moves to the heart, lungs, head and there for I should not be moving around or sitting up but rested lying down with the leg elevated. So everyday i would have to go in and get blood taken and a shot to the gut and then I was back out in a few mins.

See I believe waits are around the sme for both US and Canada as it not the system being used. It the number of people in that area vs the number of docters. The only way I can see the system making wait time longer is that now people who need to get checked out but did not have the money or insurance to get help, can vs not going to get help because they would be denied or afraid of the bill.

In other news the president got a Dillon Mini gun wacthing his back. So if your in the crowd and there a nut job next to you. Get the hell out of the way !

Do you guys really see a difference between the liberals and conservatives? The only difference I see is that conservatives have four syllables and liberals have three. Even though I agree more with the conservatives, I was more happy to see Obama win. Just because there's no difference.

Change "Conservatives" with "Republicans".

A lot of the Republicans that are in office right now (and back when your poast was made), claim to be conservatives, yet act nothing like it.

One main difference between the two parties, is that Liberals believe that the Constitution can, and should be bended to "better fit today's world". Conservatives believe that the Constitution is a rock solid set of laws and rights designed to keep the people in control and the government in check. They believe that it meant the same thing now as it did when it was first written.

I know I quoted an old post, but I just wanted to clear that up.

Well, that's that. Toyota has a new president.

:P

More seriously, the address was excellent. It is yet to be seen what type of leader he will be, but being a persuasive speaker is an asset.

Well, he's alive. And, as it appears, capable of fear as shown by his vow-taking... But, in all seriousness, his inaugural speech was brilliant. It'll be good to have an accomplished orator in the White House. But not as funny...

I'm disappointed. I didn't get to watch it, it was during class time.

But at 12:00 precisely, ALL the classes started banging their feet on the ground. It was like an earthquake.

I'm disappointed. I didn't get to watch it, it was during class time.

But at 12:00 precisely, ALL the classes started banging their feet on the ground. It was like an earthquake.

Were do you live? Like the state.

And FINALLY our country will stand taller than it ever was!