How do I move small selections with the mouse?

I'm having great difficulty moving small selections using the mouse. Even if my click is no where near the resize handles, mouse movements resize the selection. Using the the keyboard works but it make moving a LONG and slow process especially if I decide to undo it later.

Is there a keyboard command to make the move/stretch just a MOVE no matter what? I hope so!

try increasing the view size where it says window to something like 400% or more then try moving.

Zooming doesn't help. That's my problem. Here is an example:

Take a picture and make a 12x12 pixel selection. Select the move tool and attempt to move it using the mouse.

Zoom up to 2200%. Click in the absolute center of the selection. Move the mouse and the image will resize.

(Note that the mouse always shows a resize hand for the pointer)

If you increase the selection to 14x14 there is a single pixel in the very center where you can move the image. Anything smaller it doesn't work.

Hullo, voripteth!

Actually, you don't have to click within the selection to move it. With the move tool selected, click and drag anywhere on the canvas to move your selection. Furthermore, anywhere on the gray margins works fine as well.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

Not what logic would suggest, but extremely useful. Glad I could clear things up!

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."