Do a lot of Paint.NET users use graphics tablets?

Hi there,

I'm just starting to get into designing graphics and do not yet own a graphics tablet. However, I've seen some amazing work created by Paint.NET users here in the forums and on DeviantArt that are 100% Paint.NET and I was just blown away by a lot of the art created. So it just makes me wonder if a lot of it was created by using graphics tablets or not and I'm trying to decide whether to buy one or not.

Any thoughts on graphics tablets with Paint.NET (or any other program) would be great.

Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

Dave

A few of us have them. There are some you can get (such as the "Genius MousePen") that are fairly cheap and good quality that would be excellent to test and see if you like them. Stay away from Wacom until you're sure, as that's a pretty hefty price investment.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

i want to buy a graphic table but im not sure have never use a graphic table before..

what do you guys think about this.

its my birthday soon 14 november and in my family does we get what we want if it isn't to expensive and i want a graphic table

FireejiZer.png

Simplicity ftw!

I've heard good things about the Bamboo. It's kind of small, though.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

i want to buy a graphic table but im not sure have never use a graphic table before..

its my birthday soon 14 november and in my family does we get what we want if it isn't to expensive and i want a graphic table

That's the one I have. For me, it's not working with PDN. (Pen mode doesn't work with PDN, but mouse mode does...Pen mode is what I need BTW.)

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

I wish I had a graphics tablet... :(

Hopefully more users of your plugins will make donations and you can purchase a tablet one day. :D

That's the one I have. For me, it's not working with PDN. (Pen mode doesn't work with PDN, but mouse mode does...Pen mode is what I need BTW.)

That concerns me because my use of a tablet would be for both Paint.NET and GIMP.

Any idea why Pen mode wouldn't be working for you?

Would Paint.NET normally support the use of a graphics tablet?

Thanks,

Dave

dosn't pen mode work with PDN ooh thats bad :(

FireejiZer.png

Simplicity ftw!

I wish I had a graphics tablet... :(

Hopefully more users of your plugins will make donations and you can purchase a tablet one day. :D

Hmm. If only. I have - as far as I know - one donation. I haven't checked in a good long while, though. But I haven't done anything to warrant donations lately. No new plugins or even updates since school started...

And I've applied for over 60 jobs. Not one has contacted me for so much as an interview. UGH!

I guess I will just have to suffer without a tablet.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Yeah, like the above posters mentioned that a few users here use graphics tablets. In PDN, the line tool is your friend. Believe me. That's how most of us create our images. :)

Thank you so much for the tip about using the line tool, I never would've given it much thought otherwise. I honestly thought that more people used graphics tablets based on the amount of amazing art I have seen created with Paint.NET by many different users.

I don't use one. would like to have one though.

for now I use line tool , a few more nubson that line tool (hint hint Rick) and I'd not be wishing for a $ tablet $

ciao

OMA

oma, I thought that you of all people would've been using a tablet. I've spent quite a bit of time over the last week looking through your gallery of art on your DeviantArt page. Your art is beautiful and I really thought that you had used a tablet for a bunch of it. Imagine the kind of art you could create if you had a tablet given the amount of creativity you already have. Keep up the great work, I only wish I had the talent that you have.

Hmm. If only. I have - as far as I know - one donation. I haven't checked in a good long while, though. But I haven't done anything to warrant donations lately. No new plugins or even updates since school started...

And I've applied for over 60 jobs. Not one has contacted me for so much as an interview. UGH!

I guess I will just have to suffer without a tablet.

Well it is unfortunate to hear about how donations are going for you. I wish you luck for your job search and hope that something good comes along. You definitely deserve a graphics tablet.

Cheers,

Dave