then set the layer propeties to color dodge:

and then make lines around the objects you don't want to re-color:

then fill it in.

and final picture is:

and an other picture i did:

please leave comments

thats too bad i wanted to see something

just to make sure imageshack does not load only photobucket works

Intelligence in knowing that a tomato is a fruit,Wisdom is knowing not to put it with fruits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I prefer to use 'Color Burn' instead of 'Color Dodge', I think it has a better look.

I also tried doing the Window Tint and Rim Color aswell and it turned out well.

Great tut! Thanks for posting, so simple and easy but has a great effect.

Here's my Merecedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black, please comment.

thecarofgoodness.jpg

Here is a second, I think this has a better color choice.

thecarofgoodnes2.jpg

To do make the Gradient just paint the car as the Tut shows, then Magic Wand the area you wanna Gradient and select your 2 favourite colors and use the Gradient tool until you get a look you like.

sig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry that i didn't post for a while, thanks for all the good comments.

and Roguish, nice pics!

and Otjiwarotji, just fill it in with the brush.

never mind. :evil:
How did you get the little lines around your mirrors,windows etc.?

I did it with the line tool.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

ok im new to paint.net.. and im trying to re-color my 87 supra and its not working... and iv tryed using this tut... any help would be nice that or edit for me...

• 4 weeks later...

I got paint.net nearly a year ago hoping to edit just one photo (a blue car driving through the surf of a blue sea under a blue sky) , so far i have worked out how to make the pic black and white , and thats it ! . Every now and then i spend 2 hours or so reading tutorials for no purpose because every tutorial is missing information that renders all the good advice useless . For example - it took me half an hour tonight to find out how to cut out an image which was fine , but then it took me another hour to find out what button to press (alt,ctrl,delete).

I followed the instructions in this post exactly but like zby67 it didn't work , so to be sure i started again and just drew a circle around the car in one unbroken line . I must assume that i do not know what fill in means ?

I'd be very grateful if someone could please tell me and though i'm scared to ask how is it that the cars pictured still have all the details like shine and door lines ? I tried just painting the car but all i end up with is a blob of colour that resembles the shape of a car ?

Help help help please !

I believe that when he said "fill in" he meant that you need to fill in the outline of the car from the previous step.

I think that the tutorial is fine, but it could have been reworded to make it simpler for less advance users.

Anything else you need? :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

OK thanks to SarKut's pm i've managed to change the cars colour so -

Get your car pic up

Click on layers and add new layer

Outline all you want to change the colour of seperating windows and lights etc , for this i found it easiest to use the line/curve tool for the most part then use the paint brush to connect the lines wherever they didn't quite meet ,

Then click layer properties that can be found in the bottom right hand corner of the box in the same corner and choose multiply or colour burn , select the paint bucket and choose your colour , you can get your colours up by clicking on windowat the top of the page and selecting colour , click on the part you want painted and thats it .

All i've got to work out now is how do i remove the outline ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I got paint.net nearly a year ago hoping to edit just one photo (a blue car driving through the surf of a blue sea under a blue sky) , so far i have worked out how to make the pic black and white , and thats it ! . Every now and then i spend 2 hours or so reading tutorials for no purpose because every tutorial is missing information that renders all the good advice useless . For example - it took me half an hour tonight to find out how to cut out an image which was fine , but then it took me another hour to find out what button to press (alt,ctrl,delete).

I followed the instructions in this post exactly but like zby67 it didn't work , so to be sure i started again and just drew a circle around the car in one unbroken line . I must assume that i do not know what fill in means ?

I'd be very grateful if someone could please tell me and though i'm scared to ask how is it that the cars pictured still have all the details like shine and door lines ? I tried just painting the car but all i end up with is a blob of colour that resembles the shape of a car ?

Help help help please !

Do you have the new layer set to "Color Dodge" or "Color Burn"?

I love this tut! I added my own twist by coloring it then using the "Alpha Displacement" Effect to make the leaf design appear.

Red%20Leaf%20Imprint.gif

Forum%20Siggie_.gif

• 1 month later...

@Bryan1998: It's been dealt with. The post is months old and the spam has already been removed.

If you spot a new spam, just report it - don't bother warning them first :wink:

• 2 months later...