reduce noics

doug989

maybe i am an idiot, but what ever happened to the reduce noise feature i found in earlier versions of paint.net? for my 30 year old scratched, dusty and nicked 35mm scans and negs, this was the simplest and quickest way to improve them? suggestions for this simple minded old fool?

again, maybe i am an idiot. when i click in effects, i only see an option to add noise. in earlier versions, i did see an option to reduce noise. where did it go? that is my question ...

3.36 ... when i click effects, there is only option to add noise. in older version, there was effects, noise, then either add, reduce or median, or something like that. where is the reduce noise now. have looked under all the effect options on 3.36. is there a newer version that this?

This is where you can find Reduce Noise:

reducenoise.gif

If it's not there, you need to upgrade to version 3.36.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.