can someone create an "inpaint" plugin

there is a program called "inpaint" (you can find its website URL here)

with that program you can remove things out of an image without harming it (it uses its environment to remove the piece you selected) :

1-1.jpg1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg2-2.jpg

3-1.jpg3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg4-2.jpg

so is there someone that can create a plugin like that for paint.net?

or is there a plugin like that with another name?

Looks like seam carving to me. Yeah, I think you can accomplish it with clone stamp, but it won't be automatic.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

no, thats not it, i got inpaint (http://www.giveawayoftheday.com don't bother go watch, this is already expired)

but i want it as a plugin for paint.net, because as a separated program it is clumsy to use, you just got a selection tool (2 actually), in paint.net you got that + an extra selection tool + other stuff, so you can do more than just get something removed from an image.

no, thats not it, i got inpaint (http://www.giveawayoftheday.com don't bother go watch, this is already expired)

but i want it as a plugin for paint.net, because as a separated program it is clumsy to use, you just got a selection tool (2 actually), in paint.net you got that + an extra selection tool + other stuff, so you can do more than just get something removed from an image.

The Inpaint code is proprietary; we couldn't just make it into a plugin. Someone would have to completely recreate the original code, and its result wouldn't necessarily be the same. I just don't think that this is feasible.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

Is it possible to make.....

When you have a selection, when you run the effect.

It uses source is whatever amount of pixels out side of the selection and start clone stamping (lack of a better term) the source from edge of the selection all the way to center.

Make sense? :shock:

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Is it possible to make.....

When you have a selection, when you run the effect.

It uses source is whatever amount of pixels out side of the selection and start clone stamping (lack of a better term) the source from edge of the selection all the way to center.

Make sense? :shock:

I think it does,

I can't quite follow to the end, but maybe if i explain something (is also on the website) : you select something, and it automatically selects something around your selection (you can edit that in the way you want it to look at the image) , and i don't no fore shure but i think it generates out of the pixels around your selection (the automatic selection he makes) new pixels in your selection that fit in to the automatic selected pixels

(could be a worse explanation, but that could be because I'm only thirteen and dutch. So please tell me if I make a terrible mistake, so I can learn from it)

...in which case a plugin could be created for people with Inpaint installed.
If one already has Inpaint installed, would the plugin not be redundant? You would simple use Inpaint.

I think it would be great to have that 'link' between Paint.NET and Inpaint and I'm all up for keeping as many editing tasks within the one program, but that would be something else someone would have to install to use Paint.NET, if they want to use PDN for this effect. Personally, I see too much of a hassle on your/our end if the user already has Inpaint installed.

On the other hand, if you were to create a plugin that accomplished the same result without the need for Inpaint preinstalled, that would fantastic.

Myrddin said: "On the other hand, if you were to create a plugin that accomplished the same result without the need for Inpaint preinstalled, that would fantastic."

I agree with this. Inpaint costs around $40 bucks. Way too expensive for what it does. When a powerful program like PDN is free, why would anyone want to pay $40 dollars for something like Inpaint?

...in which case a plugin could be created for people with Inpaint installed.
If one already has Inpaint installed, would the plugin not be redundant? You would simple use Inpaint.

Take note of what the OP said:

but i want it as a plugin for paint.net, because as a separated program it is clumsy to use
KaHuc.png

Ah yes, I see now.

Even still, that changes not the fact that the requirement to have Inpaint installed to take advantage of this brilliant feature is little more than overloading for the average user, especially if installing it has a monetary downside. It's all well and good the OP possibly having the full, paid-for version, even the odd, other user, but for the general mass of Paint.NET users, this is extremely limiting.

EDIT: having downloaded the application in question, there doesn't appear to be a time limit for the trial version, therefore it is as bad as I'm making out above. However, my point still stands.

This sounds like a job for pyrochild. (dun-dun-dun-DUNNNN!)

(Pawpaw? Peach? Persimmon? (Did he use that already?))

Right, cause I have so much free time lately ;)

I haven't even read this whole thread yet, so I don't know what we're talking about. I will after posting this, though.

As for code names (I just added pawpaw to the list):

pear - random shape fill
plum - scriptlab batch processor
pluot
peach - random effect
peacotum
persimmon - SECRET
pomegranate - color match
pomelo
passion fruit - smudge
peanut - pixelate+
papaya - SECRET