Zwicky's Gallery - UPDATED 11 June 2010 [New Wallpaper Set]

Zwicky

Thanks you two, and I'll add a wallpaper to my to-do list over these holidays then. It's probably good to do something other than signatures all the time :P

retrofont.jpg

galleryupdate.png

It's that time again, I present a couple new things, as well as my first wallpaper!

Hopefully you've already seen this, but it's my latest signature set.

shapeavatartextrevised.pngshapesigtextrevised.png

I also made an alternate version of the signature, experimenting with a few things

shapesigtext3d.png

Here's my entry for the 25th SOTW Competition, we had to work with a set colour scheme, and the competition was titled Dark Emotion.

darkemotionsotwmiddle.png

And last but not least my first wallpaper in this gallery! It's not particularly original or brilliant, but its a start right? :) Click for full size, its only at 1024*768 size because my screen is not big nor my computer very powerful :P

th_lineswallpaper.jpg

Comments appreciated as always!

Thanks for visiting!

retrofont.jpg

• 1 month later...

galleryupdate.png

I really shouldn't be making a gallery update right in the middle of exams, but here it is folks! I've changed the layout of my gallery, and posted a nice and large welcome picture, it's hard to miss (the one below is a clickable thumbnail because of its size). I think I subconsciously took a few hints from the new Office 2012 logo.

th_orangegallery.png

As well as adding in my latest signature set, the purple space one. I've been wearing it for a while, but have been waiting 'til the next update to slot it in.

spacethingavatar.pngspacething.png

I also have a new wallpaper, which I actually made nearly 6 months ago but thought I had lost!

th_wallpaper-1.jpg

And last but not least I made a gallery banner that I only ended up using for a day, it got replaced by my orange friend above. It's in the Other section of my gallery on the front page. I tried to make my own version of the Mac OS X 10.6 RocketDock skin for use as a gallery banner. I used this photograph from InterfaceLift as the background.

mygallery-1.png

That's from me, hope you enjoy! Now I need to get back to my Accounting study! :P

retrofont.jpg

Cool stuff. Orange is my favorite color! Also, what font do you use for the "welcome to my gallery" on the first post?

Thank you, the font's called called Rezland, click for the dafont page, you can download it from there. Handy hint, it looks smoothest if you duplicate the text layer and then merge it back down for some reason. I think it appears as just "rez" inside Paint.NET. Hope that helps!

retrofont.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I cheated a little bit actually :wink:

I used a render of some light-rays, and turned it greyscale/black and white. Then on a separate layer above, I painted big blobs of the various colours I wanted to blend together with a very large paintbrush size. Then I Gaussian Blur-ed it a lot to mix it all. (see Crimson's tutorial for that part, he explains it better) Then simply set that layer's blending mode to Overlay to achieve the coloured ray effect. Play around with transparency gradients from there to adjust it to your liking, ie I had a separate black background that it all faded into.

But yes, if you were going 100% PDN, which I highly recommend, instead of using a light-rays render you can try and make your own. Render normal black and white "clouds", fiddle a bit (ie pencil sketch or an effect of your choice) and then use a large Zoom Blur. The light rays need to be greyscale for the overlay to work properly. Make sure the overall contrast is quite high or you wont be able to make out the "rays"

Phew lot of writing, too much probably. :oops: Hope that helps! :)

retrofont.jpg

Awesome works Zwicky! Very pleasing to look at & great colours. The fonts you use are super too.

Like the way you have set out your gallery. Hard to choose a favourite one. They're all so good.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I cheated a little bit actually :wink:

I used a render of some light-rays, and turned it greyscale/black and white. Then on a separate layer above, I painted big blobs of the various colours I wanted to blend together with a very large paintbrush size. Then I Gaussian Blur-ed it a lot to mix it all. (see Crimson's tutorial for that part, he explains it better) Then simply set that layer's blending mode to Overlay to achieve the coloured ray effect. Play around with transparency gradients from there to adjust it to your liking, ie I had a separate black background that it all faded into.

But yes, if you were going 100% PDN, which I highly recommend, instead of using a light-rays render you can try and make your own. Render normal black and white "clouds", fiddle a bit (ie pencil sketch or an effect of your choice) and then use a large Zoom Blur. The light rays need to be greyscale for the overlay to work properly. Make sure the overall contrast is quite high or you wont be able to make out the "rays"

Phew lot of writing, too much probably. :oops: Hope that helps! :)

That explains a lot...

You've had a lot of good signatues out lately, Zwicky. Your current gallery header is niiice. Good colouring on it too. How did you achieve the brush style in your current signature for the text? Is it a font?

galleryupdate.png

It's been less than a month after my last update, but some of you may have noticed the flurry of activity of me spontaneously changing my sig and avatar a lot :wink:

I was randomly reading a thread in the Alfredo when someone mentioned a technique that I'd never used before. These following sigs are the results of my frenzied experiments, and I'm very pleased with the outcome. The first one, and the others to a lesser extent, are Kemaru-inspired, mainly in the flow and colours.

zwickyabstractavatar2.pngzwickyabstractsig.png

zwickyspaceavatar.pngzwickyspacesig2.png

zwickyspaceavatarblue.pngzwickyboldspacesig.png

That's all from me, enjoy! Comments are appreciated :)

retrofont.jpg