• Other
    • R&B
    • Rap
    • Hip Hop
    • Rock
    • Country
    • Metal
    • Punk

Wow, in the poll, you entered 3 sub-genres of rock. A little bit of bias, eh?

Personally, I listen to just about anything [rock-biased], with few exceptions:

I tend to hate emo groups with a passion, though My Chemical Romance's Black Parade was pretty good and Panic! at the Disco's second album is decent [big contrast from their first album].

Punk rock is generally annoying. I tend to refer to the genre as "Californian rock" because of the clear accent and skateboarder style that's overly common in certain parts of California. Try Honesty ~Billy Talent [though Canadian] makes for a perfect example of this, but it's also one of my anti-Punk exceptions thanks to ncfan.

Country isn't much of my style, and in my opinion, rock doesn't mix well with it. Nickleback is a prime example.

I generally accept, though don't favor rap and hip-hop unless someone's really good at it like Kanye West, Rick Ross, and Nas. [sidenote]

I find it funny when I register to a site that has a little "music I like" box because I always end up putting around 100 bands and artists, normally bugging the website out. Just a few days ago, I had to re-enter my music tags three times on my new Mashable account because it persistently got words mixed up [for example: "30 tankian", "foo peppers the stone age"].

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

See it's difficult. A lot of my stuff is in between rock and metal, I like it there, heavy guitars make it intense and melodic vocals add mood and subtlety to it. Bands like Hopesfall, Thrice, A Beautiful Mistake, Finch, Coheed and InMe. But I put down metal, seeing a lot of those bands had metal begginings. But Post-Hardcore and Epxerimental Heavy Rock are the best genres to me. :D

Punk rock is generally annoying. I tend to refer to the genre as "Californian rock" because of the clear accent and skateboarder style that's overly common in certain parts of California. Try Honesty ~Billy Talent [though Canadian] makes for a perfect example of this, but it's also one of my anti-Punk exceptions thanks to ncfan.

what have you been listening to? probably pop punk

Techno,Trance,Dance,Hardcore,Speedcore,Hardstyle,Jumpstyle

thats my choose ;D

There's a reason I don't listen to techno.

ABC. (Anything But Country)

That's the response I normally get when I ask someone about their taste in music :)

By the way, I have a slight bias toward Matchbox Twenty and Shinedown because I've seen both of them live in a local restaurant before they became big [with Matchbox Twenty being truly local, originating in Orlando]

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

I went with Metal on the strength of Rammstein's Volkerball CD/DVD which I'm listening to a lot lately :twisted: Second to Metal would have been Rock (Live, Pink Floyd, Linkin Park - yes more rock than anything else IMHO, Meatloaf, Joe Satriani all feature on my current playlist).

Now, see, THIS is why we don't do this for Hurt & Heal. :-) NOBODY is ever happy with the choices. As for me, I like just about any type of music. Rock-biased, like uH. But I'll listen to classical, country, and sometimes even folky kind of stuff... Not a big fan of punk, for the most part, and I draw the line at screamo. I just don't see any evidence of musical talent there. :-)

In other news, "Foo peppers the Stone Age" sounds like a pretty good name for a band. :-)

EDIT: I guess it should, since it's three names of pretty good bands...

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I voted for rock, though I do listen to metal as well. Like David, I draw the line at screamo. I listen to classical music only if it has pipe organs, because I loooove pipe organs. Folk music is only OK when it's really funny, like by the Brobdingnagian Bards. I also like Celtic rock, what a great sound!

Ufm6Sc.png

Placeholder, new signature under construction.

...I also like Celtic rock, what a great sound!
...if you know what I mean. ;-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Sometimes, it's hard to discover new bands. You hear a song from them and hate it, then a year later, they release a single that's so good, you get their entire album.

The last time that happened to me was about 3 months ago. I was talking to a friend of mine about rock [she's a generally quiet Asian, so it's funny to see her talking about music], and she tells me "You should listen to Dir en Grey, they're really good." So the next day, I go to YouTube and look 'em up and find a couple of nice little songs like Glass Skin. So then I ask my friend for a copy of their new CD "Marrow of the Bone" (I prefer CD to mp3 when it's convenient). I take it home, put it in the DVD player, and listen to a random track. The song I heard was one of the most hard core things I've ever heard. The song is called "GRIEF," and is far too obscure to post a link to [Google at your own discretion]. So hardcore, it's funny.

Does anyone here know Sigur Ros? They're probably my favourite band now, but I can't work out what genre you could describe their music as... I'm listening to them right now, as a matter of fact.

Lorenz_84_signature_by_PhillipsJ2.png

"I am the anarchist, I am the antichrist, I am the walrus, G'JOO G'GOO G'JOOB!"

I dig a pygmy, by Charles Hawtree and the Deaf Aids. Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats.

~John Lennon

I saw part of Hiema at the Big Chill festival. I was a bit tired at the time & nearly fell asleep. Good film though :)

I'm not going to vote as I'd need more than 1 option here's a vague idea:

Rock

Progressive Rock

Metal

Hip Hop

Drum & Bass

Electronic Music (Aphex Twin, Squarpusher)

Jazz

Soul

Ska

Funk

Fusion

And any mixture of the above the people care to make.

If you want more in-depth info then go to: http://www.last.fm/user/MattBlackLamb :)

dA

Son, someday you will make a girl happy for a short period of time. Then she'll leave you & be with men that are ten times

better than you can imagine. These men are called musicians. :D