Complex Grass

Wither

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I posted a short video on the first page, it only goes over the first part though. Really, all you do is repeat the first few steps with progressively bigger clumps of grass over and over again.

In case you missed it, you can watch it here.

I posted a short video on the first page, it only goes over the first part though. Really, all you do is repeat the first few steps with progressively bigger clumps of grass over and over again.

In case you missed it, you can watch it here.

• 9 months later...

Thanks :D I made this picture with the help of your tutorial.

outcast.png

falkengasgiant.png

100% Paint.net

"I'm the evil fairy witch. Since I'm so evil, I'm locking this pointless thread" -Pyrochild

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...

The tutorial wasn't about the background, it was about the grass.

The background was made simply by rendering green clouds (Effects>Render>Clouds).

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

The tutorial wasn't about the background, it was about the grass.

The background was made simply by rendering green clouds (Effects>Render>Clouds).

I know the tutorial is about grass, I just wondered why the background step leading up to the grass was skipped. 

Because that's not what they were trying to teach.  Paint.NET tutorial authors are encouraged to teach concepts (see #10), not how to reproduce an image exactly.  Learning how to make the grass was the point of the tutorial.  If you want to make the background, play around with the Clouds effect with some different colors.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

We'd love to see your version, if you want to make a Pictorium thread and drop it in there.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.