Brushed Metal with Shine and Color

pwn247

Thanks for checking out my tutorial!

This is a very very easy way to create an amazing looking brushed metal texture with shine and color :D. You'll end up with something like this...

yhsjjie-176.png

Let's start...

1.) Begin by creating a new image. For this I chose 500 x 120, because I'm making myself a signature for a forum.

2.) Now, go Effects > Clouds... and create a cloud covering. Like this... and feel free to play around with different kinds of clouds ;).

yhsjjie-173.png

3.) Now, go Effects > Noise... and create a good amount of noise. Be sure to turn the color saturation down to zero. Like this...

yhsjjie-174.png

4.) Next, we'll need to create the brush effect. Effects > Blurs > Motion Blur and set the angle at 90 degrees. Like this...

yhsjjie-175.png

5.) Now for the color. To do this, go Adjustments > Color Curves. Up at the top, change 'Luminosity' to 'RGB' and play around with the different colors.

fsscr004-3.jpg

Feel free to add text, glow, etc... :D Now you've got yourself a Shiny Brushed Metal texture with color! And it didn't take a long time.

Here's my finished product...

colored-shinebrushedmetalfinalwtext.png

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Renewed some of the images
itsgoindownpwn247.jpg

TBD1.jpg

If anyone tries to message me ill kill them

BTW nice, simple tut 8/10

sig-1.jpg

The coolest Indian on Paint.NET

Oooo, I really like this. I'm going to try and make on, the use Shape3D with it.

Ok, I'm done. I made a Glass Orb with the, well Glass Orb plug-in (look for it in the plug-in board, it can't be very far). I reduced my canvas size for it to be a perfect square, with the sides touching the sides of the orb. Then I expanded it to 120%. Then, I made another layer, which I put under the glass orb. I used your tut, applied a glow: a little higher brightness, a little lower contrast. I used Shape3D to make a sphere out of it (the plug-in is stickied), default sizes, just with anti-alias on, strenght of 5. I duplicated the layer twice (we'll call the first duplicated layer A, the second duplicated layer B). For A, I applied a gaussian blur (which pretty much gave it a shadow). For B, I selected the transparent parts (Ctrl+Shift+Magic Wand, click on one of the transparent parts) and pressed Ctrl+F (repeat effect). I flattened the image, and voila!

MetalOrb.png

Sig-1.png

Very simple and easy with nice, clean results.

One thing though. In your screenshots, all you really need is the image and the effect config dialogs. On my poor li'l monitor, your full-screen shots force me to side-scroll, and as we know, side scrolling makes several forum members sad pandas.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

sorry about that, pyrochild :( I'll resize em down next time :D

and blooper101, that looks pretty cool! I don't like the circle on top though :?

itsgoindownpwn247.jpg

Yeah, I think it's not blurry enough... The plug-in is still in development, so I'm making mountains with what I can. :)

Sig-1.png

pyro, you know what would be cool?

if when you turn the mouse sideways, it would side scroll, i would totally buy a mouse that could do that

"No. Dreaming is illegal."~Pyrochild

wow keith! that does look nice 8) very sexy.

^^ and this guy above me is LOL i'd buy a mouse like that too ;)

itsgoindownpwn247.jpg

if when you turn the mouse sideways, it would side scroll, i would totally buy a mouse that could do that

well, if you click the scroll-wheel, most browsers should pop up a little scrolly-circle-thing, and then just move your cursor around that to scroll on any direction. up, down, left, right, diagonal.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

well, if you click the scroll-wheel, most browsers should pop up a little scrolly-circle-thing, and then just move your cursor around that to scroll on any direction. up, down, left, right, diagonal.

I know that the Safari for Windows BETA doesn't offer this, because it's an Apple brand product (originally for the Apple Mighty Mouse) ;)

Next time I'll be sure to trim down the pics :D If your monitor runs on a res higher than 1024x768, then it should look fine.

itsgoindownpwn247.jpg

My monitor is 1680x1050 :)

but in away that gets annoyting because desktop wallpapers are never made that big...

siggy-1.png

My monitor is 1680x1050 :)

but in away that gets annoyting because desktop wallpapers are never made that big...

http://www.interfacelift.com

Or even making your own is more fun I think.

most of those are photos, not abstract images ;)

itsgoindownpwn247.jpg

R7hRFTnq2ykdXFdr5C2dNORxs7m2rs.png

Here is mine. Instead of using cloud I just kept repeating noise tell I liked it. I still think it needs more work- but for now it is good. Besides, I have only had paint.net for two days.

R7hRFTnq2ykdXFdr5C2dNORxs7m2rs.png

• 4 weeks later...

This is the 2nd Tutorial we tried out and we liked it a lot. It´s simple to make and good looking. Thank you!

Our quick result: tigerteamcj2.png