Rate-A-Song!

Kemaru

Well, I really don't know what to think of that.

It starts off as regular Poprock, until the singer begins to throw in the occasional 'Lord' sometimes, but then comes this 'new dull life'-verse, and now I don't know if this band is truely or ironically christian :?

Just judging from the music, I'll give it a ... 7.4/10. Not too good, but it's definitely not bad.

Found this by accident, and it grew on me every time I listened to it :)

Sweet song. Very enjoyable. 8/10

----

Well, I really don't know what to think of that.

It starts off as regular Poprock, until the singer begins to throw in the occasional 'Lord' sometimes, but then comes this 'new dull life'-verse, and now I don't know if this band is truely or ironically christian :?

Just judging from the music, I'll give it a ... 7.4/10. Not too good, but it's definitely not bad.

What? I never said the music was christian. Why would you judge it on that, I thought this is rate the song.

----

The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition

The singer is random - which is good, it gives the song a humorous feeling. :P I loved it really, the guitarist, the drummer - all of it was awesome. I'd listen to that live. 10/10, for a) surprising me and B) for making me happy and c) for being awesome. :lol:

Dido - Thank You

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
|fb(page)|portfolio|blog|

Decent. 5.0/10

If you're Axle, rate this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y94oPOE-Ro0&fmt=18]Roots Manuva - Witness The Fitness

If you're everybody else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpV5InLw52U&fmt=18]Focus - Hocus Pocus

8.7/10 good song, accent gets a tiny bit irritating by the end, but's it's not bad

very boring song and is not worthy of really listening to unless if it is at a fancy resteraunt, movie, or in an elevator 3.9/10

^^^^ Um...???

uH - That was a good song, I think it worked well as an instrumental although its definetly background music. I can see that in the soundtrack of an arthouse type film. The composition was good with this song, the instruments all blended nicely and were introduced subtely. And I don't think the song would've suited a huge change. The piano may have been a bit overpowering but it was the main instrument so I guess it's alright. Can definitely see why this was a B-side (although I havn't heard anything else from this artist). But it was good though. :D

7.5/10

(listen to the whole thing, cause some music progress somewhere..)

For someone who has posted around 75 posts in this thread you would think that you of all people would provide the most insight and thought out responses. You seem to know very little about music other than what has a good beat and as long as some of the people in the music video's are half-naked (Which has nothing to do with music anyway). If you want to listen to overproduced and overmarketed music that shamefully tries to reproduce Hip-Hop culture then that's fine. But don't give every other genre of music a score below 5 just because it doesn't meet the criteria I mentioned before. And then give no legitimate reason for the score, except for "I hated it....Now my song".

Now to the review.

I'll start it with a grab from the lyrics "Wanting them brand new big boy toys, I want big boy things and make big boy noise". I win.

This song has hardly any changes. It has one incredibly annoying instrument running through the whole song which has one, over used somewhat Midnight Club sounding riff. The bassline consists of a single note on every 4th bar. Not good.

This song seems to be made to be put into some guys supped up car and be pumped out of some sub-woofers. This music is the reason for music pirating, how can anyone respect music like this. I will pay you the day I find a song like this that doesn't revolve being in some sort of dance club and wanting to see a girl there.

I'm going to re-post my song in the hope someone will provide a little bit more insight.

ok, maybe i was a bit harsh, i'll re-rate

The guitar intro at the beggining needs to be either shorter or have anothr instrunment come in, the Drummest isn't bad and the guitar gets better after the intro, when the song slows it's quiet a bit annoying and his voice is quite horrible, but the lyrics arn't too bad [for this type of song] (now for a sensible rating) 6.8/10, (instead of basing this anlysis rating on the entry it's more widely spread, oh, and at 4:00 it has a really nice guitar bit for about 2-3 seconds

Akon - Right Now (Na Na Na)

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds pretty generic, but has overall a good vibe. 7.3/10

I have never heard of this band before this song, and it seems they are really not that famous but nevertheless awesome!

Oh, and Axle's personal song:

Cypress Hill - Nor Rest F - wait, no, will get snipped anyway.

Cypress Hill - Temple Of Boom

This Ok?

• 2 weeks later...

Er....

6.5/10: Not my style. From an artistic point of view, the song is far too redundant and repetitive, which is why it was for a game trailer.

Um... rate the.. music video!

日々の音色 ~SOUR

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

10/10, That was a really cool song, great music, great muso's they'd be awesome to see live at a cafe or something. And the music video was astounding, really inventive and cool. Post more songs like this guy's :D

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - Led Zeppelin