255*3 being replaced by 254*3

I draw a line with total white (255*3 / antialiasing on), then try to recolor it, when I use tolerance 0, some edge pixels color don't change, cos they are 254*3 with transparency

or, I draw a line with white (255*3 with trans-alpha 100), it end up as 254*3 with trans-alpha 100

hope you can understand my english.

this probably is not a big deal to you, but I find it might have something to do with this (posts from me&Max Power), I know this is not the place to report plug-ins' bug, but it happens to a lot things, like the outline plug-in (built-in version), so maybe it's not them.

~~

It's not a bug. The slightly transparent pixels are the anti-aliasing at work. Turn that off, and you should be good. :-)

Moved to GD&Q

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

but shouldn't those transparent pixels be 255*3 ? I do want a WHITE line. this is okay, I can just use brightness or up the tolerance a little.

I draw a line with white (255*3 with trans-alpha 100), it end up as 254*3 with trans-alpha 100

this happens even with anti-aliasing off, I'm not talking about those edge pixels, it's the main part.

and I just tried this

open paint.net--add a new layer

1. if I fill it with 255*3 trans-alpha from 1-48, then use color picker to check, it is exactly the color I use

2. if I fill it with 255*3 trans-alpha from 49-254, then use color picker to check, it is 254*3 trans-alpha the same

(overwrite, not normal blending)

(ok, I just did again with 128*3, even weirder, 128*3 trans-alpha 5 turns into 153*3 trans-alpha 5)

and can someone tell me the right way to say a color with transperancy, please? :oops:

~~