3D Glow style text/Space age text

St.Jim

All i mean by the colour replacer is to keep everthing as it is but under the drop down menu at the top right marked "brush width" change it to something larger so that you can go over it in 1 swipe of the mouse rather than filling it in for an infinitively long time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi, i am having a slight problem. i am fairly new to paint.net so i'm not sure how to navigate it fully yet. anyhow, when i get to this step:

Recolour Text_colour with your colour. Then Gaussian Blur Text_colour by 6PX. Use Circular Gradient with transparency mode ON, and drag from centre of text towards the outside.

i don't see any difference. perhaps i just dont know how to recolor my text? should i be able to do that with the gradient tool or am i missing something? thanks for any help you can provide.

Tip: Watch the video (It may help a bit)

All you have to do is (as you did in the beginning) is select the colour replacer tool and choose your primary colour as the colour you want your tect to become (the yellow bit on my example.)

Then just select the gradient tool and click once on the square with differnt colours on it (look at the location of this in the tutorial) and selcet the icon with a circle inside it (circular gradient) then jsut drag it from the centre. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice effect. This will take a little while to perfect, and there are so many steps. The final product is well worth it though. I used a font called bobbypin and was pretty happy with it. The part I had the most problem with was, believe it or not, the line at the end. I'm just not getting mine to look like yours. I did try the gradient blur and it was better than my first two attempts using the gaussian blur. There is another text effect that I came up with by accident that I want to combine with this. If it works out, I'll post an image and explain how to do it. Thanks for a very cool text effect. Most of what I do is text related and logos, so I know I'll use this a lot.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Thanks, of course any improvements to my original tutorial is welcomed :D

Yes, the best result is usually achieved with the gradient blur plugin rather than with the gausian blur.

Oh no, I didn't mean that it would be an improvement, more of a variation on a theme. The effect is really perfect like it is. I just see something in my head that uses this effect but I can't quite get it from there to the screen. Still pretty new to this and just don't have the technical chops to get there yet. I did another tutorial last night and realized just how much I have to learn. It was a disaster to say the least, but I did learn something from it. Anyway, I really like what you did on this and I used it on a logo for a website submission and it looked so cool. Thanks again. I'll keep trying.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i cant do it correct . i need your help.. e-mail me.

Yahoo x

MSN: x

Yahoo Messanger: x

please help me i want this to be my siggy :]

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't figure out how to use the font you did in the tutorial. Help? :?

(edit) nevermind i figured it out :P

A wise man once said nothing, because there is no such thing as a wise man in this society of judgement and diversity, and there will never be a wise man until the day we achieve sameness. Oh and i like kitties. =)

Heres mine =) instead of recoloring on step four i used clouds

31358_af0b615ed8122c35087618ba155486ad

A wise man once said nothing, because there is no such thing as a wise man in this society of judgement and diversity, and there will never be a wise man until the day we achieve sameness. Oh and i like kitties. =)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I really liked this, thanks! Here's mine, with a tagline and a starfield. I had to use gradient blur, and a faint reflection. Didn't quite get the glow as pronounced as I hoped (although I can't be sure, my laptop screen's on its way out), but I'm happy. Ta!

space_small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I know it is not christmas yet but it is close enough so have a SPACE AGE CHRISTMAS!santasmiley.png

spaceagechristmas.png

BTW you cannot get the santa smiley in the smilies place when your posting a message.

ufoforestsig.gif