Transparency problem

Hi, I'm fairly new to Paint.net. I make pixel cars and normally use MSpaint, but I came across Paint.net and I like it better. It has more features more options etc etc. My problem is when I try too add something to the image there's a big white square around it. In MSpaint there is an option on if you want it transparent, or not. Here are some pictures if you are unsure what I'm talking about.

Paint.net:

probpi3.png

MSpaint:

prob2db2.png

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Im sure simon's post was helpful but because you are new, i will try to explain what you need to know. Just in case you need more than a plugin :)

Paint.net uses actual transparency rather than just making your secondary color transparent like in MSpaint. If you can see that checkerboard pattern where your selection was, that is transparency. What i would recommend would be to make a new layer( :AddNewLayer: in the Layers Box), then put what you want to move on that layer. You can then flatten the layer by clicking :MergeDown: in the Layers Box. New layers have a fully transparent background while the original background on the first layer is white.

I hope that helps but if you have any more questions or still don't understand, just say so.

BTW, that is a sweet Skyline.

Most Recent Sig

SK8sig.png

My Gallery

Black is often represented as a transparent background in thumbnails. Even though the background appears black, the image should still contain its transparent values if you place it on a website or something :wink:

Yes, but if u rly do want the background white and not transparent, just make a new layer then move it down( :Down: ) beneath the rest then use the paint bucket ( :PaintBucketTool: ) to make it white. Then just flatten and go.

Hope this helps.:)

-~->T.N.C

Most Recent Sig

SK8sig.png

My Gallery